ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

JDM Dc2
take it easy with that +24 degrees camber your rocking on the rear ;)

can't wait for a little blast round Oulton in this in September!

that +24 degs camber will be well sorted by then ;)

Just been out ont he car for the last 3 hours taking advantage of the good weather...

Vacuum hose to all 4 inlet primaries done -

DSC01591.jpg

XR2i starter motor on -

DSC01585.jpg

Ashely 4-2-1 manifold on -

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

Lower arm/ball joint/anti roll bar back on -

DSC01587.jpg

Oil temp sensor -

DSC01588.jpg

also did the pressur eon but forgot to take a pic lol...

wheels on and car back on the ground -

DSC01592.jpg

the tightened the HUB and wheel nuts.

Can tell the zetecs a lighter engine as the car sits like 10mm higher ta the fornt than it used to lol

The trackings a mile out so going to get that done once i get the new tyres on and the wheels checked out to see if they're buckled or not.

More soon :D

JDM Dc2
In the rain i cut up the exhaust last night and measured up for the section that i needed making as Pipewerx aint open on saturdays so i neede dit doing

so cut this lot out/off -

DSC01593.jpg

went to Pipewerx on my way home from work and had this made -

DSC01594.jpg

fitted -

DSC01595.jpg

the sleeve and all the measurements are spot on aprt form one thing... as you can see the flexi joint is hitting the shell slightly underneath so that'll be ittirtating vibrating whilst driving so once its all up and running and mapped ill shoot back upto Pipewerx and get it sorted and also get them to make me a 3rd hanger

JDM Dc2
bit more progress

went and got a auxuilery belt this morning, got back fitted that and the alternator -

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x451.
DSC01596.jpg

then fitted the throttle cable making sure im getting WOT when the peddles all the way down -

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x451.
DSC01599.jpg

then cut down the carb hoses to 50mm and fitted the carbs -

wol_error.gif
DSC01601.jpg

then fitted the Rad, Fan, header tank, coolant hoses then filled it up with anti freeze/coolant ready mixed stuff form halfords -

wol_error.gif
DSC01602.jpg

wol_error.gif
DSC01605.jpg

Then filled the engine up with some 5w30 oil and the gearbox with 75w90.

Then fitted the clutch cable

then fitted the oil catch tank -

wol_error.gif
DSC01606.jpg

and there we are ready for the omex to be fitted then hope it all runs fine

wol_error.gif
DSC01612.jpg

wol_error.gif
DSC01613.jpg

JDM Dc2
cheers guys!

Omex is 90% wired up now and Jon loaded a base map onto it last night, just got to wire up fuel pump, tacho, water temp. for the dash and extend the fan switch then the wireing side of things is done!!

JDM Dc2
nice jamie

cheers

you running an oil cooler?

not yet

Such a talent mate!

I'm in love with the engine!

cheers!!

Omex is wired up now after ALOT of pissing about with problems etc...

drove the car before, after bedding in the cams and once the coating burnt off the manifold lol... can definaltly feel the powers there but i couldnt really feel the power in 2nd as the gearbox REALLy doenst want to go into 2nd or reverse... ive tried about 5 different positions on the gear linkage and top chucked an extra 1L of oil in... still no 2nd or Reverse... gonna go for a drive later and see if it gets any better hope so after paying 150quid for a gearbox which could/seems to be useless to me now :(

Quick video of when i was letting the cams bed in and letting the coating burn off the manifold -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMSddEN5Zk&feature=player_embedded

audi a6 3.0tdi
What power you aiming for with that? about 160 ish? I pick my engine up tommorow but i need to source a turbo for it. I've got the 5 speed box and lsd to go in as well :) I'm probably not going to end up driving mine till next summer now but the aim is 220bhp and about 700kg for starters.

JDM Dc2
What power you aiming for with that? about 160 ish? I pick my engine up tommorow but i need to source a turbo for it. I've got the 5 speed box and lsd to go in as well :) I'm probably not going to end up driving mine till next summer now but the aim is 220bhp and about 700kg for starters.

150-160ish and 125-130lbs ft...

Mappings booked for Monday

JDM Dc2
Well spent another hour trying to sort out the gearbox/linkage, tried like 20 different positions and no luck, so going to have to contact the guy who i bought it off and see if he'll swap it for another one or maybe does me a deal on another S1 or S2 RST box, bit pissed off about it tbh.

also the engines smoking alot like just revving to like 3k which is another dissapointent

Done the tracking today with help from f0xy and a piece of string.

whilst the car was in the air thought may aswell fit the new Brembo Discs and Ferrodo pads so they're done with -

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

not drove the car today to bed them in will tmoz tho

quick pic of where ive mounted the Omex 200 too, as you can see the 25mm hole i drilled then fitted a grommet to feed the wires into the bay at the right height etc -

DSC01623.jpg

also removed the catrch tank and just pointed the hoses to the floor for now till i get a breather filter and find a better place to mount it.

JDM Dc2
Bedded in the brakes yesterday, they're awesome, think the system needs bleeding tho so going to do that once ive done the rear beam as you need to disconnect the rear brake lines to get the beam off.

also drives alot better now with the tracking sorted, will double check it again once the beams done tho

been mapped this morning got back about an hour ago... was running really rich when it went in and was suffering was bore wash slightly... so thats maybe kicked off the problem with the rings and maybe thats why it smoks so much, it isnt as bad as what it was but still pretty bad, will see how it is as ive only put like 100miles on it so far...

It made 158bhp @ 7k, pretty happy, atm thats what the limiter is set at as i need arp big end bolts as these cams are meant to make power upto 7.5k... so should brake ther 160 mark once i fit them, not worth fitting them yet if this engine is fked tho, will just have to see...

no torque figure tho as Mikes computer froze so he said he'll ring me back with the figure once its sorted as it still should be saved on his hard-drive, feels way torquier than the zs tho so should be high 120s... wheel spin in 3rd is fun!

also the car now goes into reverse too with abit of a struggle and grind lol

JDM Dc2
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

carbs jammed last night whilst driving 'enthusiastically' last night causing it to go straight to the limiter...

just had a look at them and the problem was this screw had popped out so there wasnt enough slack on the return spring, which was causcingt he butterflys to be around 1/4 open -

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

so just found a screw to suit, fitted the carbs back on started the car, sweet as a nut, was expecting the worst tbh but glad it was only minor!

also try and ignore the smoke and listen to the sweetness of induction lol, quick vid from last night thanks to jord -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVWgOuJ_jU&feature=player_embedded

JDM Dc2
glad its nothing major

Uve done a lot to this since i ventured into this thread

Love it matey

cheers

big thanks to jord again who came down to give us a lift fittingt he new beam on nad helping bleed the brakes...

now no more positive camber
biggrin.gif
-
DSC01636.jpg

the rear wheel was ridiculous how bent it was, so swapped both offside wheels over the the 2 silver ones i got a few weeeks ago

will be getting the tyres fitted tmoz

JDM Dc2
Just had the Toyo Proxes CF-1s fitted, they're awesome even just after 5 miles bedding them in you can really tell the difference over the Champiro Gts lol

Also the car isnt smoking as much now, still is but not as much :S

ther pressure is high too as idles at 100degress is 3bar and it should be around 1.5-2... andy recons the pressure relief valve in the oil pump could be blocked as its known to have happened before, so early next week its looking like ill be popping upto andys to whip the sump off and see how it is as the high pressure could be a cause of the smoking too...

so ive just been to halfords and got some new oil & a filter also some gearbox oil ready for when we swap gearbox's too

JDM Dc2
Washed the car earlier first time in about 5 weeks -

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

then decided to paint the rear of the car in Satin black, will do the front next week probs, just looks alot tidier as it is tbh -

DSC01649.jpg

JDM Dc2
yeh it does as you can hear, its fine still needs more runningin really as ive only done like 120miles init since the re-prod cams have been fitted, thats another cause of it being tappy too.

JDM Dc2
tapping its f**kin tits off that!

seems to go well though.....

Love it. Sounds awesome mate.

cheers :D

had a couple of problmes tho on thursday and friday...

on the way to a mates my exhaust fell off... where the 2-1 part joins the 4-2 on the manifold, just slid off even tho i hammered it on originally and used lots of silicone sealent
mad.gif
, so bren brought his jack and axel stand out and i fitted it back on just as tight as i could get the brackets on, just checked it and its slid back off another 5mm too (FFS), so again just undone it and tighetend the clamps up as much as possible, going to ask andy very nicely will he weld it together on monday for me as it needs to come off to get the sump off to check the oil pump, if he'll do that for me then theres no chance of it slipping off again then, good old ashley!

then started the car last night to go out, then the revs just dropped faster than usual and cut out after like 20 seconds, tried to start it again and the fuel pumps not priming and theres no fuel in the filter king there usually is after one prime of the pump, all fuses are fine and the relays clicking but just no fuel in the filter king, so must be the pump... so got a new fuel pump, tested it before i bought it, it works great, fitted it to the car wired it up correctly and still nothing, checked all the wiring where i soldered and they're all absolutely fine, relays still clicking...then a quick call to f0xy then realised thatt he realy was wired up wrong but how the hell has it been workinga ll this time? :S so change the wires and happy days it lives again :D

320d
Sounds awesome, smokes like a badly remaped pug 306 d turbo ;)

Its looking good though jamie, coming along well.

Sounds like its knocking its tits off, coupled with it smoking like a tropper, you sure its not fooked?

I need to come to this "private runway", looks like a good bit of road. Awesome noise btw :)

DCi 100
I need to come to this "private runway", looks like a good bit of road. Awesome noise btw :)

You might think it's abit of a knock off 'private', but it does infact have a warning sign saying private land and cages etc, all legit!

Best of luck with the car Jamie.

ITB BG 182
Jamie, the car looks cracking sounds nice too.
Also are you able to get hold of parts for the mk1 xr2's? I need a few bits for mind to get it running better but not as good as yours as im looking at keeping it orignal sort of thing.

JDM Dc2
You used silicone sealant on a slide fit exhaust?

/ Facepalm

yeh whats up with that?

pipewerx must be going wrong aswell then LOL

Sounds awesome, smokes like a badly remaped pug 306 d turbo ;)

Its looking good though jamie, coming along well.

going upto a mates tmoz to check the oil pump as there could be a blocked or the pressure relief valve might be jammed as the oil pressuers pretty high also causing the engine to heat up really quick.

Sounds like its knocking its tits off, coupled with it smoking like a tropper, you sure its not fooked?

its not knocking just tapping, somtimes its really smooth otherimes its like that in the vid, in-consistent car ftl

yeh thats road is pretty awesome

and cheers induction ftw!

You might think it's abit of a knock off 'private', but it does infact have a warning sign saying private land and cages etc, all legit!

Best of luck with the car Jamie.

never noticed them signs haha, well ive only been there twice lol

cheers

Jamie, the car looks cracking sounds nice too.
Also are you able to get hold of parts for the mk1 xr2's? I need a few bits for mind to get it running better but not as good as yours as im looking at keeping it orignal sort of thing.

cheers

i just get parts off xrtwo.com

JDM Dc2
It's not the first thing I'd use, and it probably slipped off because to cure well enough to hold pressure it needs 24 hours.

everyone i know uses this, its not to hold the exhaust its just a back up incase of any tiny holes as U-clamps are w**k, cant imagine anyone waiting 24 hrs to wait to start the car after fitting a exhaust, as i said Pipewerx must be doing something wrong too

That's what exhaust paste is for though, it hardly breaks the bank lol. I've had the same tube 3 years and done 4 sets of exhausts with it, for about £5! When I had to silicone my brake servo to inlet manifold, after a few hours it still wouldn't seal properly. Left it overnight, job done.

JDM Dc2
That's what exhaust paste is for though, it hardly breaks the bank lol. I've had the same tube 3 years and done 4 sets of exhausts with it, for about £5! When I had to silicone my brake servo to inlet manifold, after a few hours it still wouldn't seal properly. Left it overnight, job done.

ive got exhaust paste i just think its crap and just flakes off