ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ride hight for track and handling

Clio 172 phase 1
Just wondering what people are running ride height wise on track/ best handling... as i need to re evaluate the height of my coilovers ( measure from top of wheel to arch im on 15inch team dynamics pro race 1.2 )

Clio 172 phase 1
Anyone surely the height of the car and rake etc has a detrimental effect on the cars handling

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Depends what shocks and what setting they're on, plus the spring rates etc. Not as simple as measuring arch gap unfortunately.

Clio 172 phase 1
Hmm fair comment ..... On a rough rule of thumb what are peoples ride height on their track focused cars ? As for me I'm on spax Rsx with the inbound springs as at the time couldn't afford the outbound ones .... Suspension is such a **** to set up gotta admit it's easily the most important ting in the car ( other than the engine ) but sucks getting it right :( ......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
My cup measures in at 568 front and 570 rear. That's the distance between the top of the arch and the ground. Measured on 16's so a tad less on the 15's.

But it as has already been said, it's not that simple. For instance, if you run a standard 1*2 you'll destroy the roll centres and it will handle worse as a result. You'll also get severely fucked off with it rubbing inside the front arches.