ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revs sticking clio 182 help please

2004 clio 182
Driving to work this morning and my revs came down from 5 thousand to 2.5k and just sat there for 20 secs and I reved it up nearly to to redline to try and sort it but again came back down and sat there again for good few secs. .... drove ok for a while and I thought it was a one off

Happened again and managed to turn it of as was stop start traffic....once started stayed at 2.5k revs again.

Now I am panicking as I have trackday on Sunday. ...what is wrong ,I think I sounds like throttle body ?

Just to add I don't have car mats or carpets so not throttle pedal caught on any of those lol

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Merc ML55
Could be throttle body, or a sensor playing up, possibly even lambda sensor on its way out

From my experiences it'll work out cheaper to have a diagnostic check done first rather than guessing and changing part after part in the hope it'll fix the issue

Ads

2004 clio 182
Found the problem.the map sensor o rings where buggered and allowing air to pass through creating a vacuum leak.
All sorted. :)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Most 1*2's have reached that age now where these sorts of things are going to happen, perishable items will do just that unfortunately, I'm sure it'll have happened to quite a few by now. Doesn't make it any less annoying but that's part of the 'fun' of running an older car I guess