ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revs sticking after throttle body and crank shaft sensor cleaned

1.2 16v clio
so i just cleaned up my throttle body after a long time of putting it off everything has gone well i also cleaned the crank shaft sensor

when driving the car back home from my friends ( 5-10 miles away) i was noticing that the revs kept on sticking for a few seconds then went back to normal 1k

my car used to sit at 500rpm on idle it now also sits at 1k rpm also if i take my foot off the throttle it will remain at the rev driving the car a little forward then it slows down

the car is a 2004 1.2 nothing was broke when removing or refitting

the inlet manifold was also sprayed down it with injector/throttle body cleaner and left to dry

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think they are supposed to idle at 900 rpm hot and 1100 cold.

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as it isn't affecting the normal driving of the car.

1.2 16v clio
im worrying about it since it never cured the stalling out which i know it is mean't to cure its just made the idle higher and the rev stick every now and then also makes the turning off more agressive like its still running after its off for a split second

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
im worrying about it since it never cured the stalling out which i know it is mean't to cure its just made the idle higher and the rev stick every now and then also makes the turning off more agressive like its still running after its off for a split second

Sounds like the butterfly valve inside the throttle body is sticking. What did you use to clean it?

Try give the car a thrash on the bypass/motorway and see if that helps (stick to speed limits of course ;))

1.2 16v clio
Sounds like the butterfly valve inside the throttle body is sticking. What did you use to clean it?

Try give the car a thrash on the bypass/motorway and see if that helps (stick to speed limits of course ;))

i used throttle body cleaner and i have tried that and i had no joy lol right now im a little fed up of fixing the car since the car is still stalling out and has no response to the pedal then its fine but i will just take it all apart again and figure out whats wrong

DCI100
Hi mate. Start your car for about a minute five it a good rev in neutral and then let it idle and s**t it down. Leave the ignition on and open the throttle body completely then close it again a couple of times. Turn the ignition off then back on and you should be okay.

Had the problem with my old Clio when I done the head gasket it's essentially setting the throttle body positions for the sensor so it knows what's open and what's shut, world for me,

Thanks

1.2 16v clio
i dont think that is possible mate since i have to take the inlet manifold fully off just to get to the throttle body :S