ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse light on constantly!?!?!?!

145db Euro'd clio
when ever the ignition is on, the reverse light is on all the time. I took the bulb out in the first instance, then about 3 days later the other side had a reverse light (which i never knew i had) so i took that bulb out. now its not bothering me to much but want to get it sorted by the next mot.
I have been told that its the switch on the gear box but it requires draining the gear box oil and having to refill it! is this true?

anything else i should look/check for? are the parts expensive/hard to fit?

the car is a mk2 ph1 1.2 btw!

Any help appreciated! thanks

145db Euro'd clio
Made me laugh but not the answering i was looking for.

Maybe i'll edit the post saying when driving forwards :rasp:

V70 d5 beast
the parts i think could be about £30-£50? not sure but only rough guessing, if you take the switch out yes some oil will come out but you can be very quick to not loose much and just top it back up
or just jack up the n/s of the car so when you take the switch out no oil should come out :) simple..

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
On other cars I've had the switch is normally something that goes. The switch is normally reasonably cheap $20-$30AUD (and that's with our stupid omg the car came from Europe so mark it up 3000% type prices). Also assuming you can get to it and get a wrench on it it normally just screws out and the new one screws in with no dramas at all. That said I wouldn't put it past the French to do something difficult such that the oil has to drained and refilled.
Cheers.