ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev counter and speedo rose when lift off accelerator

Over the winter I changed over to a cup subframe and wishbones on my phase 1, also fitted some KWs. I have removed the AC and fitted some RS lower inlets.

Now today had been the first day it has been driven and now when I accelerate and lift off the pedal both the rev counter and speedo rise quickly before dropping!

Can't think what would cause this, any ideas?

Possibly clutch slip or a faulty speedo sensor, do you have the cup box or are you on abs pick up for speedo, maybe an abs sensor problem as the speedo picks up from the abs signals, strange one.
Or could it be a mechanical problem if the clutch is on it's last legs, as you lift does the box/engine move and for some reason pull the clutch cable, is the cable free enough.
just putting ideas out there.

Regards Russ.......

The only other things I could think of are this is some kind of faulty connection on the dash or possibly an earth problem, maybe an inductive pick up problem on the cables , did you remove the connector on the ECU loom to fit the subframe, or possibly moved a cable close to ignition cables or it's a faullty screen on the ignition cables, possibly the looms rubbing against part of the body work as you lift, I'd start checking connections.

Regards Russ........