ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

restoring iphone messages/conversations

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
first of all what a w**k button to have in imessages - delete conversation, pick it once and boom all your texts messages to that person are gone, none of this "are you sure". Just bang they are gone.

I was deleting a couple of messages from my brother and picked delete conversation by mistake and all the messages between me and him have been deleted (including photo's). He moved to Canada two years ago so we often send each other photo's etc.

I do have a back up on icloud which was done two days ago but I tried restoring this to a spare iphone 5 to make sure everything was therebut it will not restore (my current phone is an iphone 6).

I don't have any back ups on my computers. Other than taking it that they are deleted or risking wiping my phone and trying an icold restore, is they any other way of getting them back.

If you have a Apple device (Mac, iPhone etc) and if it's turned on you'll still have the messages.
If you havent, Make sure you restore from your iCloud backup before it updates because then they will be lost for good.