ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring capsicum red clio from shiny pink?

BlackGold 182
A couple of months ago we got a red 1.2 clio for the other half to poodle about in, she doesn't mind it pink but I can't stand looking old and faded.

ill get some pictures up later but just wanted to know what you guys think on what products to use to restore it red?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not much really, it's not like an old vauxhall corsa where it can be polished back to life, it'll be the colour faded under the clearcoat, and iirc there's not much you can do about that.

ORLY? I thought the phase 1s were polish...able? Could also be "dead" lacquer, so giving it a going over with SRP is unlikely to do any damage, but has the potential to revive it...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
ORLY? I thought the phase 1s were polish...able? Could also be "dead" lacquer, so giving it a going over with SRP is unlikely to do any damage, but has the potential to revive it...

Doesn't say it's a ph1 bender.

You're right though, the lacquer could be clouding or hazing or whatever the technical term is, but if the paint has faded under the lacquer, you're pretty much stuck with it, right?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It will be under the lacquer :(

Giving it a good going over, removing the oxidised lacquer and swirls will improve it tenfold though!