ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resonance from 172 cup

BMW 330d :)

Ive noticed a resonance from what seems to be the centre section of the exhaust on my 172 cup. It only seems to happen when you hold the revs at 4k or above or back off the revs.

I was reading through the evo long term tests on their 172 cup and it seems like they had the same problem. Has anyone on here heard of this with their 172/182 or cup?

Cheers

Fraser

VaVa

Welcome to my world. Had it two weeks now and its gradually got worse and worse. Currently waiting to find out if its a warranty job or not (car is booked in for a week friday!! Efffing typical renault!! Another 10 days of driving around below 4k revs. lol.)

nah, i woulda thought it will be the exhaust, if its actual resonance then a different exhaust may be necessary i woulda thought as resonance is material/design dependent.

VaVa

I think its actually coming from the heatshield that surrounds the exhaust. My exhaust also has a split in the centre section. :mad:

VaVa

Oh and I told the Lady @ Renault that my I was getting resonance at 4k and she looked at me as if I was speaking in a foreign language. lol.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 August 2005 at 5:53pm]

By the way, Ill be going to C+Cs to get a new backbox mate so youre more than welcome to tag along if you do decide to go down the SS route.

Cheers Michael, Ill see what the guys at my local dealership do for me as they gave me a big discount off my service! Im put off buying exhausts, coilovers etc for the moment due to the warranty and insurance hastles!

But a stainless exhaust would be nice......

You will need to let me see it at a meet when you get yours done so I can hear what Im missing!

Cheers

Fraser

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 August 2005
Oh and I told the Lady @ Renault that my I was getting resonance at 4k and she looked at me as if I was speaking in a foreign language. lol.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 August 2005 at 5:53pm]

you have to use simple words like "rattle" and "bang"

Quote: Originally posted by Frasers Cup on 09 August 2005

You will need to let me see it at a meet when you get yours done so I can hear what Im missing!

Cheers

Fraser
Something along the lines of Vrrrrmm, brum brum, eehhh....!

clio 200

just had my cups centre section replaced due to the good old 4k rattle and just to let you know it was covered by warranty

clio 200

im from bristol so use sh*tty(city) motors on whitby road in brislington m8 but would advise that if you take your car there with more than 1 problem you can guarantee they will not repair all faults, seems like they only like doing 1 thing at a time

Well my car is going into the dealership this saturday so Ill make sure that they do something about the exhaust cos its getting on my nerves now! And "Vrrrrmm, brum brum, eehhh" sounds better than my "rattle rattle screech" mike.

Cheers

Fraser