ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resident Evil 7

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
VR version is in the works already, 'should' be totally awesome.

Paying whatever they want for the VR kit, then buying the VR game won't be awesome though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - bought it on PC (Steam). Sadly there's not VR support until Sony's year-long exclusive deal ends. It's pretty unnerving and I don't think I've been quite so jumpy (or suffered so many jump scares) with a game before. I'm really enjoying it and will play through it again once completed.

Evo 5 RS
Clocked it in around 11 hours (actual play time. Doesn't account for deaths and retries).

Would definitely recommend...Played on PC so no VR, but having experienced VR / Horror previously - this will blow you away. With or without, TBH. Fair few moments caught me off guard!

BG06 FKY Mk3 Clio
Back to classic Resident Evil, with a few twists thrown in. Last few games haven't really felt "right" in my opinion.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm now 11 hours or so into this and still not finished it (just completed the boss battle in the boat-house, which seemed rather easy compared to some of the encounters). I tend to spend an awful lot of time just wandering around checking out the scenery and the rendering technology... 😊 I'm really enjoying it though; the fact that I'm pretty much on edge all the time and how the sound effects actually work really well in providing that constant feeling of dread / foreboding. I'm quite looking forward to playing through again and trying an alternative path.

Got this on psvr, only about half hour in as I can't get my son and his mates off it, but what an experience, I've nearly fallen off my chair a couple of times already. Just being able to look around, peep around corners and there's a it early on when your wading through neck high water and you expect to b getting water in your mouth. Great game

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Got this on psvr, only about half hour in as I can't get my son and his mates off it, but what an experience, I've nearly fallen off my chair a couple of times already. Just being able to look around, peep around corners and there's a it early on when your wading through neck high water and you expect to b getting water in your mouth. Great game
You've got some surprises headed your way yet mate... :tonguewink::smilingimp:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Started playing this, such a great game.

Never played any of the other RE games? Were they poor in comparison.

Reminds me of Silent Hill combined with The Hills Have Eyes.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Bought this on the weekend. It is BRUTAL! Amazing so far, I've been literally squealing like a little b**ch!

HAHA!

Ive not enjoyed a game as much as this since the last GTA instalment.

Lights off, headphones on full whack type of game!

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Anyone played any of the dlc yet? I purchased the season pass as I enjoyed it that much but not had a chance to give it a go yet

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well completed this on normal difficulty. Gutted it's over tbh. Might have a crack at madhouse difficulty... Anyway 9.5/10 for me.
Madhouse is a b**tard!
Some of the puzzles are subtly different and key items are in different places! The family members also have a habit of making their entrances in different places and move quicker!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just finished this, gutted its over tbh.

Is it me or have Capcom taken next generation console graphics, atmosphere, gameplay to the next level?

What an awesome game.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It was a combination of the atmosphere and unrelenting trepidation that hooked me, wrapped-up in some good old-fashioned Resident Evil gameplay. It felt like a modern-day version of Resident Evil 1 despite the hillbilly setting (which was very nicely realised).

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It was a combination of the atmosphere and unrelenting trepidation that hooked me, wrapped-up in some good old-fashioned Resident Evil gameplay. It felt like a modern-day version of Resident Evil 1 despite the hillbilly setting (which was very nicely realised).

Completely agree. First RE game I've ever played and I wasn't disappointed.

Are the DLCs something to look forward to?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had chance to check out the DLC's yet myself so... I will probably grab them anyway as I enjoyed the main game so much. I'll probably also invest in a HTC Vive VR kit as soon as the PC VR version of Resi 7 is enabled.