ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Steering Wheel

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Not sure if this i in the right place but anyway....

I have just bought i cliosport steering wheel from D4VE on here to replace mine as the thumb grip on mine have torn. Just wondering if anyone have replaced one recently and how easy it is to do, or if anyone has a decent guide for me. There is one on here but it isnt great tbh

I was gonna take it down to Birchdown but if its a simple job i'll slap it on myself.

Much appriciated,

Gaz

Easy job. Disconnect the battery leave the car for about half an hour to let any residual charge dissopate. Airbag is held on by two clips on the back of the horizontal spokes, unhook these with something like a flat blade and pull the airbag towards you (do it carefully so you don't rip out the wires) Once disconnected unplug all the other cables on the wheel for the cruise control etc. Use a torx socket and loosed off the bolt holding the wheel on but don't remove it, give the wheel a firm tug towards you this should free it off without hitting you in the face, remove the torx bolt completely then remove the wheel carefully feeing all the wires through the hole in the centre. Job done.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Easy job. Disconnect the battery leave the car for about half an hour to let any residual charge dissopate. Airbag is held on by two clips on the back of the horizontal spokes, unhook these with something like a flat blade and pull the airbag towards you (do it carefully so you don't rip out the wires) Once disconnected unplug all the other cables on the wheel for the cruise control etc. Use a torx socket and loosed off the bolt holding the wheel on but don't remove it, give the wheel a firm tug towards you this should free it off without hitting you in the face, remove the torx bolt completely then remove the wheel carefully feeing all the wires through the hole in the centre. Job done.

Lol'd at hitting in face!

Thanks lot for that mate, you should put that in the guides section, simple and easy to understand

Gaz

just loosen the T50 bolt a bit pull the wheel untill it hits the bolt, remove the bolts and the wheel comes off easy, no risk of smakcing urself in the face then!