ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement Trophy boot struts *New Option*

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Since buying my trophy spoiler I've been without the propper boot struts. After taking some measurements I did a search around the net and found that the Bonnet struts from a jaguar XF will fit.

Off to the local scrapyard saw me bag a pair for £10.

I do believe they make the boot sit slightly higher than the original trophy struts, however when the boot is fully up, there is still a 5mm gap between the spoiler and the roof, Something a taller trophy owner would be pleased about.

Thought this might help a few out anyhow

Over on cliotrophy.co.uk someone managed to get BMW 1 series bonnet struts to work as well.

This is the post somewhere here on cliosport.

Just in case anyone is in need of a new pair, I know mine were failing.

From Renault they are around £500 a pair including VAT

But, the struts from the front (bonnet) of a BMW 1 Series (04 on) are the same size and fit. Replaced mine today and they are perfect, stronger than the old ones, hold the boot and actually lift it if its not completely open, and the spoiler still has the same clearance as before.

They are available on eBay here, I bought from here for £39 delivered and the service was excellent too
smile.png

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3504790821...ht_2045wt_1413

And a picture, Trophy at the top, the eBay lesjofors BMW ones at the bottom

3694ae79.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
No it's typical Renault. I remember when the 1*2 grilles were something stupid like £130 but them dropped to £50 something!!