ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replace gearstick

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Hi folks. I've tried searching but can't find a "how to" to replace the gearstick with a newer replacement. It's a 182 and just a straight swap- not sure if im just not using the right phrase or words in the search fields.
Can anyone help?
Ta.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
I have a replacement gearstick with the plastic base. Just looking for a basic how to! Have had a look at the centre console from inside, just don't want to be tryi g to take owt out blind in case there's hidden screws I don't know about.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Undo heatshield from under car, disconnect the mechanism, and then I think the base is four bolts

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Ta for that! Does it just it lift out with the centre console still in place or is that me being too hopeful? Think a new Haynes will need to be purchased soon!

dan's cast offs.
it drops out through the floor. don't unclip the gaitor though as the clips snap and it won't stay in then.