ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repairing/Replacing Panels

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
After a small bump, I have damage to my bumper and wing which I'm going to fix myself. My question is, if I purchase new or second hand panels and send them to get sprayed, will they match the rest of the car ok? The car is about 3 1/2 years old. I've been told that given the age of the car, and that since modern paint doesn't fade anything like older paint I'll be fine. Would people agree?

PH1 172 Sport
If you use a decent sprayer they will match the paint to the original paintwork on the car (not the colour code) so it will be an exact match.

Punto/Clio GTT
After a small bump, I have damage to my bumper and wing which I'm going to fix myself. My question is, if I purchase new or second hand panels and send them to get sprayed, will they match the rest of the car ok? The car is about 3 1/2 years old. I've been told that given the age of the car, and that since modern paint doesn't fade anything like older paint I'll be fine. Would people agree?

new bumper and new wing will need blending into the door.

get the parts, take it to bodyshop