ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault turbo suppliers?

172,scenic, trafic
I need a new turbo for my scenic. Tried usual places like ebay but worried by them.lol. so anyone no of anywhere? Don't think can be saved so exchange or new.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've always used Midland Turbo but depending on where you are they may not be the best choice.

RB 182 Cup
I've used Midland twice, years ago mind you for a couple of old Saabs I had. No issues, quick turn around and the two units ran faultlessly.

172,scenic, trafic
I've always used Midland Turbo but depending on where you are they may not be the best choice.

I'm in Cornwall. I don't really want to fork out 600 quid for a turbo but I understand there are some bad ones floating around with crap Chinese parts so want decent one for as little as poss!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It really does depend on what yours actually needs but the one thing you really need to be sure of with rebuilt tubos is that they've been properly balanced up. They core spins at silly speeds and the slightest inbalance causes damage that has potential to send pieces of turbo into your bores are high speed.

Is it a little K03/K04 or is it one of the Mitsibushi TD04's?

172,scenic, trafic
It really does depend on what yours actually needs but the one thing you really need to be sure of with rebuilt tubos is that they've been properly balanced up. They core spins at silly speeds and the slightest inbalance causes damage that has potential to send pieces of turbo into your bores are high speed.

Is it a little K03/K04 or is it one of the Mitsibushi TD04's?
I haven't got it off yet but it's on a 04 1.9 dci. It sounds horrible so guess its a right off

172,scenic, trafic
ok, old turbo is off and exhaust side has snapped off. as the inlet impeller side is ok and its just chucked some oil down the exhaust do i need to clean the intercooler etc? the old turbo looks like it went cos the oil feed banjo was blocked up so i think i will be ok?