ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Track Days

Great afternoon, superb if youve nevre been on a track as its flat and has plenty of run off everywhere (well, all except 1 corner) so you have push it to the limits.

Also, driving the Clio Cup racers is the nuts - 0-60 in 4.1secs !! Those things are glued to the road.

Silver Fabia vRS

Its an open pit lane for about 4 hours so your time on track is purely limited by how much of a punishment you give your car. I usually did 15 minutes on track then 20 minutes in the pits to let the brakes cool down.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Can you take smaller engined clios on the track, :oops: or is it like knockhill where the car much be valued over £10000.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Bit of a bloody shame all these events are down south all the time.

Bar Stewards. I was looking forward to that track day, then I found out Id have a 700 miles round trip mailto:f@ck">f@ck that.:(

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 20 April 2004

Bit of a bloody shame all these events are down south all the time.

Bar Stewards. I was looking forward to that track day, then I found out Id have a 700 miles round trip <A target=_blank href= "mailto:f@ck">f@ck that.:(
They did one at Donington Park last summer - top event!

P

peterh2

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 20 April 2004
Not fast enough mate:eek:

Bet a standard 172 wouldnt be able to lap much faster than a standard Williams

P

peterh2

We can jeremy? It doesn’t say anything about them on the site and there not badged renaultsport at all???

S2000

hmm must have not updated the website. When they was first announced it was "RenaultSport" cars only but Jeremy changed it to include 16vs and Williams as well. Jeremy has organised these so you can trust what he says.

Any change Jeremy of aranging a track day for the Clio drivers who dont own a 172/V6 etc I fancy giving my car some round a track but since overtaking a fork life needs a good long stright I dont think Id make many 172 drivers happy holding them up.

Clio 172 cup 300bhp

so does that mean people with williams can take their cars on because Id like to beat Kingstromba! He thinks his willly is rapid

Im SERIOUSLY tempted to do the trackday on the 21st May - although not sure if I dare put my new 182 through it http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley13.gif - it should be run-in by then (at least 1000 miles!), but just keep wondering how much "baggier" it will feel afterwards?!

Ive done a couple of corporate events at Bedford before, so not too worried about track driving, although having said that its always been someone elses car!!

Matt