ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Kangoo

TDI tyre shreader
I am driving about in one of these at the minute and it needs some more welly, is there anyway i can have a fiddle with it to get some more power? turbo actuator, something in the fuel? etc etc? Fancy a laugh to be honest

Take the air filter out.
(not a good idea as if you get big dirt into the engine you'll have right problem).

Strip it out.

Tyres upto 45psi.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Actually, arent those the same DCI's as the clio? If so, they get a bit more nippy once they are warmed up.

MikeDX said:
Actually, arent those the same DCI's as the clio? If so, they get a bit more nippy once they are warmed up.
Arr right you have a dci one?

Yep same engine as the Clio.

Not bad best idea it to get the rpm right up the change up point on mine for first and second is about 4.4k.

You have a dci for your own car don't you? If so chnage the oil ever 6k and hammer it and it will get much quicker changing the oil makes a big difference.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Yeah my clio is a DCI. Done just over 9K miles now in 7 months.

I've noticed that it is DEFINITELY quicker now after its been run in. I mean, it'll never catch or beat a 172 or anything with a decent sized engines but I can give quite a few cars a run for their money especially on motorways :D

I could change the oil now I guess.. Can I do that on my own without it tarnishing up my renault service history?

MikeDX said:
Yeah my clio is a DCI. Done just over 9K miles now in 7 months.

I've noticed that it is DEFINITELY quicker now after its been run in. I mean, it'll never catch or beat a 172 or anything with a decent sized engines but I can give quite a few cars a run for their money especially on motorways :D

I could change the oil now I guess.. Can I do that on my own without it tarnishing up my renault service history?
Yep if you want use Renault oil £20 or so for 4.5 liters you'll need.
If they don't know its been changed they cannot do anyhting.
new sump washer is 80p I think its not dificult to do 10 minutes if your lazy and take your time.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I think i'll do that this weekend then.

The onboard computer will start beeping at me at 12k miles, thats less than 3k away. That's the service interval isn't it? I assume they will change the oil again then.

MikeDX said:
I think i'll do that this weekend then.

The onboard computer will start beeping at me at 12k miles, thats less than 3k away. That's the service interval isn't it? I assume they will change the oil again then.
Nope 18k or 2 year servicing whatever first.

The serv light only comes on if there a problem and it needs to get fixed.