ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Dealer Prices

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
In need of a catalytic converter for my 182, the current one is on the way out starting to rattle which gets annoying when you idle, went ion the renault dealership where i have had all work carried out on the car, they quoted me £2150 fitted for a new cat, how can they possibly charge that? Over half the value of the car, I knew they were expensive but thats just stupid, looks like i'll be decanting soon

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I have ordered a decat pipe, I have wanted one since owning my yozza, the guy on the phone from renault said i hope your sitting down when he gave me the price lol. Think i'll get that sports cat for the mot next year.

182cup & 172 racecar
as in "cars will mysteriously find themselves in ditches because the catalyst has gone"?

Insurers dont cover mechanical failure do they?

Just pointing out that the cat's will soon be more than the cars worth.
Is that better.

Listerine & Poledo
Thought so.

is there such a thing as a pattern-cat for these? or is that just a sport-cat?

just re-read the original thread you said its rattling on idle have you checked all you're heat shields i can't see the cat being the problem also you would have other issues.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Why not buy a type-approved, non-genuine part from an autofactors for around £230... does exactly the same thing as the genuine item ;)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
just re-read the original thread you said its rattling on idle have you checked all you're heat shields i can't see the cat being the problem also you would have other issues.

I have checked all the heat shields myself as thats what i originally thought it was going to be, they were all tight and didn't move, took the car to kwikfit, they stuck it on the ramps and hit the cat and it sounded like it was full of marbles also you could hear stuff down the centre section of the exhaust when you hit it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember the OH's Dad needed one for his Yaris. £1750.

Pentland Components.. £110.