ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault clio limp home mode!

Clio 1.5 GT
Ive got a 2001 1.2 16v clio, which is in limp mode with the electrical fault light on,im on a college course so im fortunate to have been able to work on it there, ive code read it and the codes will not clear, 'throttle potentiometer' and '+ after relay supply' ive done everthing I can to it from cleaning the throttle body to testing every single wire, the only thing I havent done is buy new parts for it, ive tested the pedal and there is nothing wrong with it, the car starts and revs to 4000rpm but occasionally doesnt rev at all but after ive pressed the brake pedal a few time itll rev again, so im hoping anybody on here could help me, thanks

172 Cup
If you've tested every wire you know what's wrong with it right? :p
I think brake switches are quite common on these so maybe try changing that?
Or maybe the throttle potentiometer? It could be broken!

Have you cleared the codes to see if they come back?

Clio 1.5 GT
weve tested every wire and everythig is fine, ive tested the brake switch which is okay aswell, and ive tried a different one, ive vleared the codes and they come straight back, and the guy who had the car before me bought a new pedal and it was still the same:(

Clio 1.5 GT
we've tested every wire and everythig is fine, ive tested the brake switch which is okay aswell, and ive tried a different one, ive vleared the codes and they come straight back, and the guy who had the car before me bought a new pedal and it was still the same:(