ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Autochanger

Does anybody know what autochanger will connect up with the existing standard fit single cd head unit in my 2001 1.6 RSi? I believe 172s have an autochanger, therefore the standard fit head unit is a cassette, but I think the unit has the same controls and therefore should adapt? I want to retain the steering wheel controls. Is another ICE loom needed or are the wires aready there? Does anybody have an ex-172 Cd autochanger for sale? I dont want to spend too much money replacing the existing head unit as I quite happy with it. I do intend to change the speakers though.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Believe it or not the standard head unit in a Mk 2 172 is a(nother) CD! Dont know about the autochanger, did someone say it was an Alpine??

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Yes it is an Alpine made changer but will ony work with the head unit that comes in the 172.

I was told by cel-direct.com ( they advertise in all the mags) that there is a lead that can connect Sony aftermarket units so as BOTH the display and steering controls work, might be woth looking into.

Ive looked into this before and a lot of people suggest the Sony head replacement route along with a Sony autochanger and the lead to make the steering remote controls work. Any idea how much all this kit will cost? Its been a while since I bought and fitted such a system, the last one was over 500 quid, I dont want to spend this much. Im just not interested in flashy head units (that get nicked) amps and thumping bass, I just want to add the autochanger facility. I suppose what I really need is a second hand Renault Cassette head unit/ CD autochanger combo out of a MK1 172. Anybody got one for sale?

W

wyatt gates

i have both the cassette and changer from a mk1 172 make me an offer

Just what Im looking for! I presume its in clean/full working order with the handbook/code and the loom for the autochanger? Dont want much do I! but I say this because I want to make sure it looks like a factory install. Ive been looking around today and Ive seen new basic Sony/Panasonic Cass/CD multichanger combos for around £300 so how does £150 sound for the Renault system? I have the cash waiting and Ill pay the postage if need be. My location is Essex. paul@feltonp.freeserve.co.uk

re your ex mk1 Renault Autochanger and head unit, I have the cable, cash waiting. Can you get in touch please.

Completed all the research on this project and what I need is a secondhand original fit Clio post December 99 Alpine Manufactured CD autochanger to mate up with my existing original fit Alpine Single CD and dash display unit. This autochanger only works with the Clio system so is pretty much useless to anybody non-clio. The earlier pre Dec 99 system (cassette head unit) was PHILLIPS manufactured thus I am not sure if it will work with the later dash display unit. Has anybody kept their original autochanger after they upgraded their ICE and wants to sell it .... cash waiting