ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault and touch up paint.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

My girlfriend went into Renault (Enfield) todeay to get me some touch up paint for my Artic Blue 182 as i have a stone chip on the bonnet only to be told by the service bod that the paint will not be arriving for about 6 months!!! Surely this cant be the case? Has anyone else had this problem? I tried phoning Renault customer services but got fed up waiting on hold. Does anyone know where i can get some?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Nope on the Halfords front. According to Renault, Halfords only get the paint a year after it has been released. Surely Renault cannot do this? What if it goes rusty? I bet they wont cough up for a respray.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

had this problem with mondial blue for the cup, couldnt get a touch up paint for 3 months :cry:

Take your fuel filler flap to a good paint suppliers and they will match it exactly. ive had it done on another of my cars - bang on and cheaper!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I have a few little scars on my titanium 182 that need doing. Is this colour already available or is it a new code?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Right listen to this! I phoned up Renault customer service today and after being cut off 3 times i finally got through to some girl who confirmed that the touch up paints for the new colours will not be available for 3 to 6 months, possibly longer. When i explained to her that if this stone chip goes rusty it will not be covered by the warranty and i would end up paying for a respray (a bit extreme i know but read on!) on my bonnet she said, and i quote, " just hope it does not go rusty then." Helpful. So i then said i am not happy about being sold a car when i cant even get hold of a basic piece of maintenance kit for it and i wished to make a complaint. "Certainly sir, i will log your complaint but it wont make any difference." Honest, but not really what i wanted to hear. So i then phoned a second time a while later and after being put on hold for ten minutes finally got through to a guy who told me that i would have to phone the dealer, get them to phone their body shop who MIGHT be able to mix some up for me. Phone Renault and get "I will see if i can sort something out when i see my mate, dont know when that will be though." AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I finally decided to contact an independent paint mixer who said that if i give them the code (driver door) they will make some for me whether its a new colour or not. FINALLY!!! The name of the company is Morelli & Co (london) ltd. 0208 351 5151 if anyone needs any. Moral of the story is if you want paint for your new Renault, dont go to Renault! Rant over.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Thats the one. I am going down there on friday to get some made up.