ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the front strut HELP PLEASE

RS6 C7
Well im putting my car back to standard and the last thing i have to do is fit my old springs on, I have springs compressors and all the tools etc, I need to know exactly how to take the front strut off, i know you need to put a jack under the hub to stop it dropping and remove the 2 bolts by the hub, On the top mount is it just the one bolt? Im guessing you just use an allen key to hold the strut and then undo the nut on the exterior?. I have done the back struts and springs but just wanted to make sure i was doing the correct thing on the front, i did try searching the forum and could find much :(

Any advice much appreciated!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Don't forget to jack both sides or you'll be fighting the ARB. :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above make sure its on the ground when your undoing both top bolts (the last thread we told the guy about 20 times but he wasnt willing to listen)

sometimes they are just a nightmare to get off and impact gun is your best bet!, i leave them on with just a couple of threads to support the weight of the strut

after that, get the car jacked up at both sides, stick it on stands.
both lower strut bolts out
finally remove the top nuts finally so you can take the strut out.

watch when doing the passengers side that the driveshaft doesnt pop out and spill your gearbox oil all over your lovely driveway.

swap springs over, remove everything above the spring one part at a time and lay it out the way it comes off so you know what way it goes back on! if you do it all the time you just know, but if youve never done it before its like a puzzle! lol

you usually dont need the compressors to remove lowering springs but it depends on the size of them, i usually remove the little nut holding everything together nearly all the way up but not off and you will then see if the springs still under tension or not!