ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing sump

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I’m replacing my sump gasket this week and just trying to find out the best way to do it as I’ve read it’s a bit of a pain. Just looking for any tips or guides, stuff to watch out for and any bolts that are hidden! Any help is appreciated thank you!

dan's cast offs.
dog bone off, lift engine right up and stick a block under the mount bracket on drivers side.

dan's cast offs.
Pin sits in a groove on the bung, need another groove at 90 deg to the original one and not as deep.

That will make sense when you see it, if it doesn't make sense then you shouldn't be doing it!!!!

Puts more preload on the spring so should hopefully up the pressure that it takes to open the oprv and also help it in not actually sticking open.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ill have a look at that soon @bloke as need to take sump off. Any hot oil pressure readings before and after ? One thing i found after shimming the prv on the old r5gtt c1j was that the cold oil pressure goes through the roof but only seen a slight increase when hot 5lbs or so however its an old design compared to the f4r.