ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Head Bolts - Order?

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All,

Quick one before I remove the head on my F4R... is there any specific order I should remove the head bolts or is it OK to go in any order?

Potentially stupid question, but thought I'd ask... a search didn't prove successful.

Cheers
Rhys

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Thanks a lot...

Tightening sequence:

Removal sequence:

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Start at the outside edges and work in, but TBH its FAR less crucial than when doing them up, its just good practice really, not actually going to make any realistic difference on an F4R IMHO

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Nasty.

Had this a few times.

Either drill bit time if it's a scrap head, or get a nut welded on to the bolt if you want to re- use it.

Yeah - I was wondering what to do. Will try and weld it first as I do want to re-use it, although if the welds don't hold due to the awkward place I'll try and drill the top of it off.

Thankfully there are no threads in the head itself as far as I can see, so if I can get rid of the top of the bolt I can lift it off and worry about the rest of the thread removal afterwards.