ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing coilover restrictors.

German V6
Kinda wanting more lows on the back and thinking of removing the restrictors anyone done this before and if so , how safe actually is it ?

SQ5
If you mean the plates they sit on for adjustment then don't do it, your springs will fall out.

Just buy lower springs

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
can you not put the original rubber boots back in on the bottom?

SQ5
The rubber boots have about a 1" bit that sticks up, most height adjusters have about 2-3. So that won't work.

Just do it properly and buy some lower springs, or get custom ones made. Don't bodge it and let a spring fly out as your hairing down a bumpy road, I'm not worried about your safety but whoever is following you

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Kinda wanting more lows on the back and thinking of removing the restrictors anyone done this before and if so , how safe actually is it ?

Should be fine. I've been running my Bilstein B14 rears like this since new (2 years ago) with no issues whatsoever, in fact it was a local Motorsport company that removed the platforms in the process of doing a full corner weighting/geometry set-up because they said the car was sitting too high at the rear.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just wind them down as low as they go, I think they look 'broken' if you take the adjusters out aswell.

e92 330i
Just wind them down as low as they go, I think they look 'broken' if you take the adjusters out aswell.

Behave. You know it made sence on the 1.2!

It seems save enough to take the adjuster off just leave the bit that has the thread on the outside.

German V6

They are wound down all the way and there's still space to fit about 2 and a half fingers in there, want the wheel just in the arch on the back and a lil bit lower on the front then ill be happy.

SQ5
Thats your problem, you bought cheap s**t coilovers as per 90% of people on here now. No guess but I reckon you were recommended them from another cheap person on here

SQ5
This is what annoys me immensely about this forum. People that no f**k all recommending s**t stuff to do.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Not everyone wants to go around tracks 400 times a year though. Infact I would go as far to say prob 70% of this forum are more concerned with looks than lap times. Its a f**king clio not an F40.

SQ5
Yes but removing the rear adjusters can cause the spring to fall out, which if this happened you'd be looking at points as its fairly dangerous.

I'm aware most people on here don't track there car but I have decent suspension and can go a lot lower than the VMaxx, therefore they would still be better for the application he needs.

e92 330i
How would the spring fall out if you only remove the adjuster platform and leave the middle bit in which is bolted to the axel?

Clio, Rover 25
Weve took the adjusters out of my womans clio, but its not that comfortable and as said not safe, plus if the branch stopped you say hello to nice fine .. Yes they where only about £200, and we were thinking about getting vmaxx but after reading this it seems they dont give enough lows also. What are the best coilovers to give the lows that we want whilst also keeping the adjusters in?

Clio, Rover 25
Then it'll rattle around like a c**t every bump you go over.

Just buy shorter springs FFS!

We have 30mm springs, would the rear 30mms raplace the spring in the rear coilovers and drop it that bit further down??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have FK konigsports and i read they dont go very low. I started at the lowest point on the rear, dropped the car and had to raise them instantly..lol! it was silly low.

I thought Vmaxx went low?