ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removed acoustic valve help???

Clio RS 182
Just done it and all went well. But haven't shut off the pipe that was running to it. So there's a loud sucking noise from behind the wheel arch. So basically does the pipe need shutting off with a bolt or whatever or not?? Cheers

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yes.

I cut an inch of the pipe off, screwed a small bolt into it with some silicone, and put it back onto the nipple.

I removed mine and put a bolt in the hose at the wheel end, ive seen some people have a short 3inch length of tube at the throttle body end thats blanked off, is this better or no difference?

when i start the car it idles at around 1200rpm is that normal? I read originally that if the pipe wasnt blocked off it WOULD idle higher than 1000rpm but mine is blanked off.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Idle depends on the engine temperature. Hot idle should be lower.
You will probably notice if its out of the ordinary, but yes it will idle high due to in-leakage if not blanked properly.

It won't make a difference which end you blank it off tbh. I just thought it was tidier to do it at the top end.

Clio RS 182
Just been out with it blocked off, runs like crap, engine nearlly cuts out when doing slow manoeuvres like reversing on drive, unblocked it and it sounded alot better???

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
You've probably got used to the high idle.

Block it up. Unblocked can cause damage from fuelling issues. It's quite close to cylinder 4 iirc? (I havent had an upper inlet for a year)