ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Site, Broadband DSL

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
One of the employee's in my work has "Business 40002 at home, and is only getting 800kb/s download and even less upload.

I have had the line tested and they confirmed 800kbps is the best we are gonna get without replacing the line from the exchange to the persons house. Now we are willing to throw money at a soloution but you try getting BT to do anything !!

Does anyone know a way to get decent broadband (2mb/s +) to a remote site. Oh and if you were thinking 3G/HSDPA we already tried that and dont seem to be able to get even 3G :(

I thought of running a 2nd line with another adsl router and bonding them but virtually no ISP's offer bonded DSL :(

Any ideas ?

Loads offer Bonded DSL.

How much money have you got?
You could look at an Easynet solution, depending on the exchange. They bond SDSL together (SureStream) which works well.

In terms of normal ADSL bonded, Nildram spring to mind (I setup a Cisco router the other day for a bonded Nildram)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Loads offer Bonded DSL.

How much money have you got?

Me ? about 47p. My company.. Plenty ! ;)

You could look at an Easynet solution, depending on the exchange. They bond SDSL together (SureStream) which works well.

In terms of normal ADSL bonded, Nildram spring to mind (I setup a Cisco router the other day for a bonded Nildram)

Hmm, i'll look into Easynet.

Nildram only appear to offer load balancing.. which is not what I require.

www.nildram.net/support/section/bonded-adsl/1/ said:
Nildram ceased selling bonded services on 23rd March 2006 but the service remains supported.

www.nildram.net/support/section/bonded-adsl/1/ said:
Nildram ceased selling bonded services on 23rd March 2006 but the service remains supported.

Ah.. swines.. ahwell.. the load balanced is OK.. their bonded was OK, but I guess it caused issues - the one I used seemed fine.

Easynet are your best bet.. SureStream connection.. bond a couple of SDSLs together.. but you're looking at around £399 a month (I think that's 2Mb) etc with a £995 install.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Thanks for the suggestions... i need to research them a bit now. Seems crazy its so hard/expensive to get just 2mbit to a house.

I'm gonna get in touch with vodafone as a mobile antenna mast to boost signals is another possibility.