ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
getting a remap next week altho ive got a cat back jan speed and itg panel filter will i see or feel any improvments? the company claims 17bhp and 19 pound of torque for 295 just wanna know if its gonna be worht the money basicly!! or should i just go out n drink it all: )

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You'll get nothing like that mate. I got 5bhp peak and 15lb/ft mid range. I had the same mods before the map. The gain is very noticeable but don't go expecting pub talk figures.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
right but why would they make these claims!! i think dastek is where im gonna go it gets a good name up scotland, my mate got his astra gsi remaped from angel and they said he got like 40bhp but he was actually feeling pretty disapointed i knew this after he still got the rip of ma mates standard ctr... i dont expect large gains i know this i jus wanna get that wee edge on ppl n feel beta bout myself coz as it stands ive got the slowest car in my group of mates:(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
These sort of companies normally quote a falt 10% gain for N/A cars and 30% for turbo'd vehicles, hence the 17 bhp gain.

yes but the remap should be your last modification after all your mechanical wants , otherwise , if you decide on more mechanical work .....you wont benefit from it , you would need another remap thereafter ...

RS Clio 172 Ph1
I got my ECU remapped at K-Tec last week. The only mods I have is a Stainless Catback from Longlife and replacement ITG air filter. Generally pretty pleased with it. The car runs a lot smoother now, sounds better and the exhaust no longer pops when de-accellerating, and idle is definately better. The increase in power isn't much to write home about but I noticed for example that 100mph takes a lot less effort! It's also nice not to have the oil temp limiter first thing in the morning which I always found quite irritating. Haven't tried the new 7800rpm limit yet but will do so if it ever stops raining.

Leon Cupra 300
Wouldn't take it to them revs too often! ...and the limiter when its cold is there for a reason!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Wouldn't take it to them revs too often! ...and the limiter when its cold is there for a reason!

eh? Revs too often?

Okay if you're disciplined enough not to take the car over 3000 RPM for a few miles. Perhaps I should have worded it as 'not lumpy on cold start/idle' which I found irritating.

Last edited:
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I doubt you'll see a 10% gain mate, 5% if its a good one. RS-Tuning are capable of 5% iirc.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
You may see gains of 10 - 12 bhp in the midrange, but at peak around 5 bhp I would of thought.

You should try RS-Tuning.

You may find the car picking up better though.

Personally I would only be interested in remapping my car if it was turbo'd.

Ph1
Dastek cant tune a Clio.

Thats 110% correct plus they rip folk off in the process

I took my car to Dastek in Fife for a piggy back a few years back and they claimed they couldnt fit it due to my car running really lean. For a charge of 100 and odd they were going to by-pass the regulator to sort my so called running lean prob.

I then went to another garage to see how lean i was running to be told my car was 100% spot on !!

So not only could they not fit the piggy back, they were going to charge me for work that didnt actually need doing !!

Avoid

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
fone ddastek today they do remap my car but they charge 400quid and say 5bhp increase... altho they will make my power smooth instead of a powerband... think im jus gna get the cheaper option the angel tuning worth a blast i know i should really get more mods before my remap but lefts face it for 300 quid with a clio sport wat kinda decent mods can u get!! jus get the map n stick with it ..

Roadster Coupe
Personally I wouldnt bother. at the end of the day, just ask yourself why would you want to spend that money on something that doesnt give much back? why do you need the extra power, it doesnt make a diff in the real world unless your going to use your car on a track. Remaps are only worth doing is your engine is either turbo or supercharged. You might as well strip ur car down insteadto get the same sort of power gain. well power/weight ratio really.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah anno wat u mean mate... was looking for sum advice here n its a 50/50 split with every1 a recon a do fancy the remap altho 300 quid wat could that do might even just get a good service and lower her!! but watch this space might end up with a remap will let u guys know wat a done mid week next week!!

Roadster Coupe
yeh y not just get ur car lowered, fit a cup spoiler and buy some brembo max discs with some decent pads and braided lines. ;)

Clio 172 Cup
get these mods before you remap

1. exhaust
2. filter
3. decat
4. inlet manifold

then with a remap you should see about 15-20bhp increase

if you can afford some cams then they should take you over the 200bhp mark

like others say a cheaper option is strip the car out to get a better bhp/tonne ratio, gives the same effect

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I've got a blueflame exhaust & decat, filter and matched inlets and paul at rstuning managed to get a extra 10bhp & 20lb out of mine with a remap. Noticed the difference and its defo worth the money! Pulls so much better!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
If you replaced yr OEM exhaust with a 'freeflow' stainless like mine, I seemed to lose loads of low down grunt. And it sounded really farty at low revs.

The re-map made this MUCH better. RS Tuning [leeds] did it for me.

Mid range torque was very noticably improved.

And by the way, the 7650 rpm red line is not worth chasing.;) Change up at 6800rpm.:approve:

M2 Competition
yes but the remap should be your last modification after all your mechanical wants , otherwise , if you decide on more mechanical work .....you wont benefit from it , you would need another remap thereafter ...

Only if the remap is done rolling/ live on the roads, and is catered to the mods.

Most arent...