ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap and MOT

PH1 172 Sport
As title my car is due for its MOT soon and was just wondering if it should pass the MOT emmissions test with a remap??

RS RIP
mine had trouble with a sport-cat.. had to mount the OEM cat and this was still close call

RS RIP
why should'nt a remap affect it?

When for example having a remap done to suit the car which is modded to have a larger airintake+ larger decat exhaust ; it will (also when putting cat back on) have a higher co output than the listed factory/ or allowed listing ?

How strict are hollands emissions tests comparred to the UK's though?

I was allowed to have 0,6 i believe

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Shouldn't affect it if the cat's still in place. Many people on here have had remaps, if it was causing MOT issues we would of heard. Decat's a completely different issue.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
could run a fuel system cleaner thought it just in case. i used to put one through my 172 every 10k

PH1 172 Sport
I run optimax so i think its got enough addatives in it without adding more!! I'm sure it'll be fine I'm still young and havn't owned a car that just passes the MOT!! This is my first one with the clio.

PH1 172 Sport
Made no difference at all went through no problems. Max limit on idle is 0.3% CO car got 0% max limit on fast idle is 0.2 and the car got 0.01!! So its all good :)

PH1 172 Sport
K-Tec Stealth with stock cat. Though I have a sports cat in the garage I just need to get round to fitting it :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not bad at all, I'm planning on getting the K-Tec recessed exhaust in the new year, already have a K-Tec sport cat to go on with it (same as Janspeed IIRC)
Ins, Tax and Cam belts on the top of the list first though lol

Just thinking, will mine pass MOT with the above mods as well? :)

PH1 172 Sport
Should pass I think I was just being paranoid as my previous car always failed on emissions!!

Did you notice much of a difference with the sports cat?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Should pass I think I was just being paranoid as my previous car always failed on emissions!!

Did you notice much of a difference with the sports cat?

Not fitted it, will probably leave it until I get the exhaust