ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reliability of the Valver

LY 200

As above!!

Iv had mine for 6mths now and have been fairly pleased with it but then I dont do too much milage!!

How releable are your 16vs??

What kind of problems have you had?? And what problems are Valvers prone to??

Apart from the electric sunroof prob which Im already aware of!!Lol

Cheers peeps!!

Mines had a snapped spring, fooked clutch and cat in my first year and this year drive shafts, column, fuel pump and suspension, but the gearbox has just gone. It takes all my cash but i still love it.

sound like mines a bit of a shed tho:mad:;)

IMO they are reliable, but when they do break they do it good style;)

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 11 October 2004

yep, no probs to report, except the sunroof problem!! struggling to find some1 to fix it as well :eek:(
Yes mate mines still not fixed either but mines garraged most of the time anyway so im just waiting really!! Im still tryin to find a full sunroof assembly as i have someone who can instal it for me!! Trouble is the broken phase 2 Valvers/Willys seem to be few and far between these days!!

Iv been told that I can go to Renault and they will rape of £400 to fix it!!:eek:

Nice to know that most Valvers seem to have a good rep for being reliable though!!

there seems to a group of cars out there that you can get away with treating them badly and not have problems - IMO valvers are not in this group; let things slide and youre fooked!

In the year and a half ive had to do head gasket, gearbox, alternator, shocks, springs, driveshafts, engine mounts, exhaust, brakes, steering rack, clutch, cerntral locking system, sunroof, sterring column, cooling system etc. Its only now that i have faith in the damn thing! :D

LY 200

Jesus u33db youve had an harsh time with yours!! Mustve cost you a fortune!!:eek:

Winston when mine went in to be lowered the guy showed me one of my old springs which was barely intact!! I think I was seriously lucky I decided to get it lowered as I was totally unaware of this and if it had snapped it surely couldve done some serious damage!!

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 11 October 2004

Jesus u33db youve had an harsh time with yours!! Mustve cost you a fortune!!:eek:
Dont remind me - the pile of reciepts i have (since buying it) is literally over an inch thick...compressed! In total its probably approaching the value of a s/h 172 if im being honest... :oops:

Still, its worth it as there very little other cars id honestly have instead...

u33db - I feel for you m8, must be them dam phase1s, I left a lot of things and they ended up get worse, Still dont trust mine, The willy engine and box should sort that out:D. Same here with the bills will stand me at about £9000 once the engines been done, nothing else left to go wrong (I hope) Itll be like brand new

JayR - I left my spring for a year and ended up having to replacing every thing (Doh!!!), but it gave me a chance to fit a willy wide track.:D

[Edited by Winston on 11 October 2004 at 5:28pm]

Im on my third sorry to rub it in but mechanically nothing bad has happened i drive mine very hard but i also look after them i.e service/maintain them at very regular intervals i think this is the key!

Clio 182

I seem to be chucking a sh*teload at mine at the mo, lost count the amount of money ive spent on it in the last month!

well yeah if were talking bout that then my car has had new skimmed head,driveshafts,numerous switches,fan motor,thermostat,alternator and new front pads.also need my steering looked at cos got squeak which is prob down to worn bushes or steering rack gone,not sure.still,least dont have any rust anywhere,car cancer that!

same with dust-had it round 3 months n spent same amount repairing it as i did buying it

wouldnt change her 4 anything tho!!!

head gasket,ball joints,collum,top mount bearings,ecu,rad,disc n pads all round and rear bearings, now gettin the rust done and newer engine fitted. lets hope the future is problem free!!!

I had mine for 2 years spent over 3k in repairs and servicing and i still wasnt happy with it, i give up in the end and bought a 182.

Had an RSi, not the same i know, but similar (1.8 8v, F3P engine).

Had clutch, clutch cable, gearbox casing, water pump.

Had it a few months now, handbrake has just gone, and will need new discs and pads soon, likewaise ive spent more repairing the damn thing than i spent on it.

Worth it when you thrape ppl off the ights, they look over and think, oh its just a sh*tty 1.4 clio or sommet

LY 200

Oh dear some of these probs dont sound too good!!

Fingers crossed that the fact I dont use mine that much I wont have to spend too much in repair!!

I dont really want to change for a few years yet either as I want to go up the ladder hopefully into a V6 but if it played me up as much as some of yours im not sure I could stick it out!!:cry: