ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refit Engine from underneath?

Flamer Barn Find
Hi All,

I need to refit the engine, subframe, steering rack and box back into my PB 182.

I've got an engine crane but i'm curious if it is possible to build the engine, box, rack and shafts etc onto the subframe and then if I lift the car high enough can I just effectively drop the car back down over the top of the engine and do up the subframe, upper engine and gearbox mounts, manifold and fluid connections etc?

Basically thinking it may be easier to build it all up in the garage over the course of a couple of weekends and at least i'll have plenty access 360 degrees around the subframe.

Just something i've been thinking about when driving back up the motorway.

I removed the engine and box with shafts still in from the bottom all resting on the subframe. I just left the lower engine mount attached to give it stability. The head was off it mind so didn't need lifting that high to slide out.