ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Ambient Lighting

Flame Red Clio 172
I come from an Audi background, and used to having red ambient lighting in my interior, using two LEDS which shine from above. like below...

898823-After(on).JPG

just wondering if anyone has had a go at this in their clio? i want to do something similar, but the problem is feeding the wires down the wing to some sort of power.
in the audi, you connect it to the board in the headlining, really simple.

if anyone has done something like this, any help would be appreciated :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its not a commonly found option on Renaults but it was fitted to Espace IV's, Laguna II's and some late Scenics.

It should be easy enough to retro fit something if you're okay with general/basic electrics. You could use the light units from any of the above and work the Clio plastics to accept them with ease.

I'm hoping to fit a self adjusting rear view mirror to my 172 as I hate not having one now.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm hoping to fit a self adjusting rear view mirror to my 172 as I hate not having one now.

If you do Mick...I can see you making some money outta that...as most of us would love that feature. :approve:

Flame Red Clio 172
i think i'll buy the ambient kit that is on ebay, the same one i fitted to my audi.. and see what happens :) even if i go from the live/negative off the radio , so that it comes on with that. reckon it'll look alright

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
On the audi do they have a dedicated feed for the LEDs? I'd imagine if you were fitting them on the clio you might need a resistor or two to dim it down so its a soft light?

Flame Red Clio 172
on the audi it goes into the circuit board which controls the lighting for the lights within the buttons, so the brightness is adjusted by the dimmer switch within the car :)

now on the clio, i need to find a light, with easy access that is controlled by the dimming. but even then, from my experience, these wont blind you or anything lol, they just add a nice red glow to the interior :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've gotta be honest, I don't like that kit as they're too bright (Maybe its just the photos). The idea behind the cabin lighting (to me at least) is that it emits just enough light to allow your eyes to comfortably see the interior without it flooding the cabin with red or making you visible to everyone else.

Maybe some smaller LED's that flood rather than give a bright spot would be a better choice?

Flame Red Clio 172
they do look really bright in the pic, and i definitely agree with you about wanting them to be comfortable on the eye.
from my experience in the audi, even on full brightness they were fine. but i'll give it a go at some point early next year and put some pics up :) hopefully it'll be okay!