ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a head unit

Slow red one
Was looking at DVD head units but am wondering more towards the CD/iPod HU as they are a lot cheaper, was thinking of maybe a 2nd hand Alpine iDA-X100 or alpine ida-x305s. It's for my megane R26.
What would you guys pick? thanks.

Trafic 140dci
IIRC the IDA-X100 is iPod only no CD. Whats your budget? I've always preferred Pioneer much more user friendly, and generally get alot more for your money.

Slow red one
iPod/radio is all I need tbh. hardly ever use CD's unless I have to. Was looking at Apine Purely cause my previous HU was Alpine. The 305s looks nice but am open to cheaper/better models.

Trafic 140dci
I looked at buying that alpine when i bought my pioneer one 3 years ago (well it was the IDA-X300) very similar, like i said just went for the pioneer as you get so much more for your money. But don't get me wrong that Alpine is a lovely head unit just i prefer the Pioneer. Haven't used the Pioneer one in the link, but the older one i had was superb.

Clio 182
sony bt3900 :D

+1 fitted these for many customers, and love the HU myself - just don't have the cash for one, if being picky when it comes to the clio the 3900 lights up blue. So although it doesnt have bluetooth id prob go for the sony gt450u

clio 1.9 tdi
+1 fitted these for many customers, and love the HU myself - just don't have the cash for one, if being picky when it comes to the clio the 3900 lights up blue. So although it doesnt have bluetooth id prob go for the sony gt450u
blue red and green i have one and so do the other two fitters at work and £160 aint that bad a price

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, the Alpines with USB's and CD-slots on the front are just a step too cheap.

Get one with a flip-face or one of the higher-end iPod-only ones (I'd say get a flip-front though, it's always handy to have the option of CD if needed).

Ultimately, don't get anything with stupid graphics or anything, stereos only need to sound good, not look "good" ;)

Alpines with "blackout" are a good step too, then the display shuts off when you're not using the buttons, apparently the power is sent to the amp instead.... which makes all of no difference.

Clio 200 FF
Ive got an Alpine x313 (mechless) in my fiesta which has been pretty damn awesome to be honest. Worked a dream along side my JBL GTO7001 and JL Audio 12w3v3.

Im very pleased with my Sony DSX S300BTX. Sounds good, mechless, bluetooth (no extra modules or mic's), ipod (or any USB storage) lives inside the HU. Nice clear display (with graphics turned off).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Listen to my alpine on the 17th ... They're the only things I'd use! Gotta go top of the range tho. Lower spec ones aren't amazing.

Infact a colleage has a very similar one up for sale for £75 I think...

Slow red one
Listen to my alpine on the 17th ... They're the only things I'd use! Gotta go top of the range tho. Lower spec ones aren't amazing.

Infact a colleage has a very similar one up for sale for £75 I think...
Someone off megane.net is selling the alpine ida x001 so was thinking of getting that as it's not to expensive. What model is your colleague selling? I'm also trying to find out if i'll need a facia around the HU or if it will fit straight in.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I can find the exact model tomorrow, but it's high end .. a few years old now.

Mine's from 2004ish and it still sounds immense. I've thrown newer models away that I've got with cars as they just sound awful in comparison !