ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a bridge camera

tiTTy & SV650
I've got the photography bug but can't afford a DSLR at the moment.

Anyone got experience with Bridge cameras? I like the idea of having shutter speeds, ISO settings, mega optical zoom etc to play with.

What model ranges should I look at? I'll be buying 2nd hand off ebay most likely, cheap and cheerful FTW!

Cheers

If you can find one, Fuji Finepix 6500fd.

(I'm sure that's what it's called - I'm having old age memory loss issues at the moment lol)

One step down from the previously mentioned fuji but still ace :)

Screw buying a new bridge. Pick up a second Olympus E1. Will prob get one for less than a Bridge and is far superior is every way!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Fuji Finepix S9600 - I've got it and it's awesome.

Top reveiws too, 10/10 most places!

Can be picked up for as little as £100 second hand on the bay.

tiTTy & SV650
cheers for the heads up, talking 2nd hand or refurbished or old model bridge i.e. £100 tops so some of you get it and in usual CS style some have missed the boat completely. I shall have a nosey, I like a bargain :cool:

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Don't bother with a bridge, you'll only get bored with it's limitations.
Save for a DSLR, you'll never look back.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Don't bother with a bridge, you'll only get bored with it's limitations.
Save for a DSLR, you'll never look back.

I started out with the Fuji Finepix 6500fd (Bridge) and soon got bored/frustrated with it's limitations. I then saved and bought a Nikon D80 (a month before the D90 was released!!!! DOH) It's so much better in every aspect but does take time to use/understand all of it's functions. Like everything, practice make perfect, although I am a LONG way from perfect! Great fun though and the results, when you get it "right" are very rewarding.

Save and buy a DSLR, you won't regret it!