ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recomend me a decent tyre shine?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Megs Enduarance is the only one I've used and liked so far.

Anyone able to recommend something a little more matte, More if a new tyre look rather than the high gloss endurance gives.

Fiesta ST3
ive used loads of different ones even gtechniq T1 but have bought some megs endurance to try out as so many people say its the one to go for!

will test it out soon!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like a proper dark slick shine off mine. I use a german applicator cut in 2. Lasts longer than a normal sponge. Had my current piece for 2 years. Soaks the product in eventually so next time you don't need to use much product.

R14 CUP
I must be one of the only people who doesn't like Megs Endurance. I love Zaino tyre shine, nice product ive used that leaves the best finish. I'm currently used AF satin, very similiar finish to Zaino, but doesn't last quite as long.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Valet Pro - Classic tyre dressing

Lasts well and leaves a nice finish + it's cheap!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Megs endurance. Although i find with any i put on i get little black spots down the side of the car when i get home. I put it down too,

Not letting it dry?
Or using too much?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
for durability megs endurance, but I think it makes tyres look cheap and plastic. Only works if you have gloss black wheels IMO. AG versions look nice, but last till the weather forecast predicts rain then its scared off. AF Satin leaves a nice finish and average durability. Just got some gyeon tire that seems to be doing pretty well but too early to tell.

Blackfire is the only product that looks good and lasts well. The rest are either or. Megs lasts, but looks average. AG looks great, but doesn't last. AF Satin is somewhere in the middle and thus a good product if you don't want to pay the higher Blackfire prices.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
T1 is another alrounder, leaves a nice finish IMO and lasts OK but preferred AF satin.
JD what kind of finish does blackfire leave, not really seen much on it.

CursedTitanium 182FF
For reference Glimmermann Endurance

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=330463

IMG_1394_zps98a2d4b2.jpg

It was in Waxybox #16 iirc

Honda & VW
Recently tried and like EcoTouch Tyre shine, leaves a nice low gloss finish. Can't yet comment on durability as only been on just over a week

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I found the Ecotouch's durability very poor, Was a shame as was a nice finish it gave.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401876912.474313.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive just got myself some megs and im quite happy with it.

Cant even remember the name of the other stuff i usually use, turtle wax stuff in a clear bottle? I used to spray it onto a paint brush and brush it on before i washed the car, by the time you wash the car you wash the excess off and doesnt leave black marks up the car.