ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Received letter off police for my 3/4 front plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Listerine & Poledo
What about all the nobbers with "personal" plates that they adjust to make spell out stuff?

Isn't that asking for a ticket too? Not just for wasting money either.

The standard size plate in the UK is 520 mm × 111 mm, so my first question is; why even bother having them on if they're that subtle? Also, there is now law in the UK pertaining to number plate size, just to lettering, typeface and stroke. I.e. you could trim normal plates down to the size you have and be perfectly legal.

No law on number plate size, but you can't trim them down beyond 101mm IIRC to remain legal (79mm for the characters and a uniform 11mm boarder around the edge I think).

I have a 94 mm plate living in the boot. Comes out for photos (that's sad I know!!) and goes back in the boot when driving. Not worth the 60 quid fine in my opinion and at the end of the day, illegal plates are the same if they are 7mm too shallow or have bugs bunny holograms and comic sans font.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i <3 My 3/4 plate!! and will continue to run it!!

It does annoy me how petty the police can be in some situations. Because i drove a modified car, i got a full tooth comb inspection. they served a PG9 and were going to get a low loader to take the car away, all because my horn didnt work!! (running no arch liners FTL). I promptly corrected him on his law and stated that even with a PG9 because it was in road worthy condition, i was allowed to tow the car home and they had to sign the acception!!

so i towed the car 20 miles home on a 6 foot tow rope while barely being able to see anymore than the tow cars rear bumper!! but at least thats safer than driving home without a horn! so forgive me if i dont have the upmost repsect for traffic police at this given time.

Nice attempt at a response Nathan. Next time spend more time on your grammar and punctuation. C-

Secondly, is 'geordie' a race?

I put it to the jury that you are of sub normal intelligence which explains the content of your posts and the reason you had 'custom' plates on a clio in the first instance.

261969_10150242773763681_514638680_7334594_5068074_n.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You sound like the kind of motorist that gives the rest of us a bad name. I'd even go as far to suggest, you're the wanker in this scenario, but its expected given your location.

You sound like the type of person to try and hide a vehicles defects to potential buyers, and then denying all knowledge when questioned.

But that was to be expected, given you're a wrong 'un

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
You sound like the type of person to try and hide a vehicles defects to potential buyers, and then denying all knowledge when questioned.

But that was to be expected, given you're a wrong 'un

Rather be a 'wrong 'un' than a 31 year old bellend riding a BMX, dressing like a retarded skate kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.