ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seats - I want them!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Gti 180 seats felt very high, you sit on them rather than in them. Accord seats are the Trendlines with a different material and colour iirc.

Racing Puma seats are probably more expensive than the Trendlines!

Sprint 172
I used Integra Recaros (retrimmed). Not any lower than Trendlines, but the extra support they offer makes a massive difference. I think the aftermarket Recaro subframes are slightly lower than the Trophy OE frames. They must be as the original slider handle won't work with them, you have to use the supplied Recaro one. Moving to buckets soon though as motorsport beckons.
seats2_zpsfb737166.jpg

is1

Integra Type R DC2
I used Integra Recaros (retrimmed). Not any lower than Trendlines, but the extra support they offer makes a massive difference. I think the aftermarket Recaro subframes are slightly lower than the Trophy OE frames. They must be as the original slider handle won't work with them, you have to use the supplied Recaro one. Moving to buckets soon though as motorsport beckons.
seats2_zpsfb737166.jpg

I have these in my Integra and they are a really good blend of comfort, support and looks.
vecbtb, these look fantastic, did you get them retrimmed? If so, where from, that looks like a great job?!

Sprint 172
Retrimmed by Edge Automotive interiors. Not cheap but they are in Nappa leather and with new base foams. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered as I've only sat in them half a dozen times in the last 10 months! Now going hill climbing with the car so I don't need them. Before anyones asks, they are provisionally promised to Lawro!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Retrimmed by Edge Automotive interiors. Not cheap but they are in Nappa leather and with new base foams. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered as I've only sat in them half a dozen times in the last 10 months! Now going hill climbing with the car so I don't need them. Before anyones asks, they are provisionally promised to Lawro!

Well lawro's car is prob going to be one of the best on the forum with these in on top of how it looks now!!

They looks amazing but also look on the piss, is it just the photo or do they lean outwards towards the doors?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nothing else is a direct fit that I am aware of, its either trophy seats or your need to buy or make subframes.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
What stunning Recaros!

I have an Integra Type R with a mint set and they are quite simply the best seat around.

How did you get them to fit into the Clio?

I can find a set and then get them trimmed - but would like them to sit properly....

Any advice? How much are yours lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Right, after a bit of experimentation can confirm a few things. Firstly, the speed (integra seats) is definitely more comfortable than the trendline, more supportive too. Doesn't look as good though, clio trendlines with a 172 rear bench looks as oe as possible.
Speed's DO NOT fit trophy subframes. The bolt holes are in completely the wrong position. You'd need the recaro subframe from capital seating (approx £300 total). Or be handy/confident with a drill and add some holes to the trophy subframe.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Can someone please put a link for the Capital Seating Recaro subframes needed to fit the DC2 Speeds into the Clio.

Thanks

the megane ones will sit too high . when bolted to the bottom of the seat they are about 3 inches too narrow to line up with the clio runners..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Think I may end up ordering some recaro speeds and subframes. The side bolsters (midriff) are much more pronounced, definitely more supportive.

Sprint 172
Right, after a bit of experimentation can confirm a few things. Firstly, the speed (integra seats) is definitely more comfortable than the trendline, more supportive too. Doesn't look as good though, clio trendlines with a 172 rear bench looks as oe as possible.
Speed's DO NOT fit trophy subframes. The bolt holes are in completely the wrong position. You'd need the recaro subframe from capital seating (approx £300 total). Or be handy/confident with a drill and add some holes to the trophy subframe.
They are far more supportive - really hold you in well. The Recaro frames seem to have duplicate sets of holes in them. At a guess I would say that frames direct from Recaro are designed to fit both the aftermarket Recaros and OE spec. seats.
Enough of this talk - you are talking me into keeping mine!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They are far more supportive - really hold you in well. The Recaro frames seem to have duplicate sets of holes in them. At a guess I would say that frames direct from Recaro are designed to fit both the aftermarket Recaros and OE spec. seats.
Enough of this talk - you are talking me into keeping mine!

That's what I guessed, the oe recaro frame only has holes for the specific seat supplied. Shame that new recaro's take so long to arrive!

twingo
i put subaru impreza gc8 import seats into my twingo, i'm sure that recaro supplies the oem seats for subaru or at least once did. i remember a subaru tech telling me this but he may have been playing with me, either way they're comfy as anything and for £3.60 or so and needing reupholstered they're more than suitable for the job.

i'm just looking for the right place to reupholster them, any suggestions guys?