ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seats - I want them!

182 Cup, DC2, E500
My 182 FF seats are great but just a little too high.

I want the Recaros from the Trophy! Does anyone know where I can get them from?

Anyone seen a set for sale?

Cheers

clio 172 mk2
renparts is breaking a clio trophy just now, but the chances of the seats still being for sale is pretty slim. google them and u will see it in the 'currently breaking' section of there site.

give them an email and ask if the seats are still available.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a pair of very clean ones. No rips, no scuffs but one of the tilt handles is snapped. (drivers seat iirc)

The last pair I sold for £800 plus standard seats in px.

In light of the broken handle, i'd want £650 plus a decent/tidy pair of standard 1/2 leather front seats.

I have a ramp/tools so can even do the swap for you if you come to me.

Looking....
Dan very intrested if they still available, does the price include fitting if I provide the bacon rolls?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have some full leather ones and a set of alcantra from the megane. PM if interested. . Only selling one or the other :)

Suzuki Jimny
If you're getting them because the standard ones are too high, then you'll be disappointed. The recaros are also very high!

they come up on ebay quite often and can get them for good prices.. although id have much rather have swapped my originals in the offer above as the subframes cost just over 300 quid on their own..

is1

Integra Type R DC2
If you're getting them because the standard ones are too high, then you'll be disappointed. The recaros are also very high!

I agree. I believe they are 10mm lower and didn't think the Trendlines were that good for support. You still sit on rather than in.
Obviously look a bit more serious though.

R14 CUP
Likewise, if the right money was offered for mine - £800+ i'd consider selling them. Really fancy a set of Profi SPG's for mine.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
They are too expensive chaps!

I've had a few sets in my Accord Type R's over the years and yes they are uncomfortable!

But the main reason was to drop the ride height of the seat some....

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I personally dont find them uncomfortable at all!

Only problem i have with mine is that they are full leather so if your giving it some around some tight bends then you tend to move about a little. A set of harnesses would hold you in though!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hopefully ill have my mates recaro's of him for the summer

a5e8yve9.jpg

Will finish the cup off

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I personally dont find them uncomfortable at all!

But you're talking about the Megane ones? Which are bigger and heavier and I presume more cushioned inline with the audience of the car, being a bit more grown-up.

You ever used Clio ones for long enough to be able to give a comparison?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
But you're talking about the Megane ones? Which are bigger and heavier and I presume more cushioned inline with the audience of the car, being a bit more grown-up.

You ever used Clio ones for long enough to be able to give a comparison?

Are they not exactly the same seats?
y4a5atyh.jpg

Many.
Makes the seat hard to move backwards and forwards as it snaggs on the carpet. I thought about cutting the carpet so it doesn't snag, but haven't got around to it.

I found recaros comfy, they aren't as soft as the standard 1*2 seats, but I liked them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't a fan, they really hurt my lower back, was weird. Width wise they were nice, but I never once felt like I got the perfect seating position in the time I owned my Trophy. They were like a church pew in comparison to the Frp seats, by far the comfiest sports seats i've ever been in, even after a 8/9 hour drive. They just felt perfect.

225 Cup & Williams
Probably the most unsupportive sports seats on the go. I've got those exact seats fitted in my 225 cup and I find the seats in my 172 more supportive.

I love my trendlines. Regularly sit in them for 3 hour stints with no comfort issues. I also find them more supportive than standard seats, but I am a skinny bugger so they fit me perfectly.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like them. There are better seats around, but they usually look horrific (sparco etc). I've an old back injury, the recaro's in the trophy and the 200 much better than standard for lumbar support.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't understand how opinion can be so divided.

Different people are different shapes. In contrast to Gally, I found the frp seats hideously uncomfortable (I think it's the same seat that was an option in the mini for a while).

Standard seats tend to mould to fit, bucket style seats tend to be firmer, so they either fit you or they don't.

I wasn't a fan, they really hurt my lower back, was weird. Width wise they were nice, but I never once felt like I got the perfect seating position in the time I owned my Trophy. They were like a church pew in comparison to the Frp seats, by far the comfiest sports seats i've ever been in, even after a 8/9 hour drive. They just felt perfect.

FRP seats? Ford racing puma? As I'm looking for an alternative to trophy recaros. Far too expensive for what they are....
I'll go for good std seats out of another car. I saw Integra type r seats fitted in another thread and they looked well.