ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Handle Help

Titanium 182
Bought new recaros and I love them, however using the standard rails there isnt enough room to lift the handle to slide the seat backwards and forward

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it
Cheers

Photo0500.gif

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Are you fitting handles from a non Recaro seat, i.e. From your standard seats? Think they could be different. Don't have the problem on my T.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had some Recaros in my 172 too but they were not from a Trophy. The bar in that link is the ones I had on those seats and will fit. You don't want to pay £60 each for them though (for rails too). See if you can just buy the bar.

Titanium 182
Il phone them tommorow and see of they will sell the bar, Any idea if there is a part number for the bar only?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate, not sure on the part number. No doubt it'll be more expensive than you thought. If it's too expensive do as Hutchie says.

Titanium 182
haha was thinkin about that, if I could bend the handle to the side It would be fine

Blowtorch the metal and bend it was thinkin

Titanium 182
heres an update - Just drilled out the rivet on the standard handle and took it off, leaving the metal bar. I can now slide my seats :D

Photo0532.gif

Photo0534.gif

Titanium 182
Im happy with it, I think it looks better actually as you can barely see the handle.

Better than the oem look plastic handle