ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper problem

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I have noticed over the last few weeks that when I put the 182 into reverse the rear wiper cycles once:S

it doesn't do it all the time, probably 80% of the time though, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

My trusty lil 182 :)
If you have the front wipers on (even on the rain sensor setting so not necessarily doing anything) the rear wiper willl cycle when you put the car in reverse.

Clio 172 RS2
Normal!

Will cycle once and only when the rain sensor 'works'.
As to raining, when it is dry it won't cycle!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yep as said, if you have the wiper stalk moved from the off position, when you reverse it will do once cycle! all normal matey.

damn annoying. I've had 2 new rear wiper rubbers this year so far because of it dry wiping when in reverse.

Position 0 - Wipers Off
Position 1 - Auto wipers, will give a sweep of the rear if reverse is selected
Position 2 - Wiper Speed 1
Position 3 - Wiper Speed 2

Its something like the above, not sure if position 2 & 3 have the sweep on the rear on engaging reverse, as I only tend to use position 0 or 1.