ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wheel Squeak

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Could anyone help me with the logic of the following. I have an intermittent squeak when turning hard-right on passenger side rear wheel. I have noticed that the tyre has been rubbing on the inside arch wall (not top of arch). Why does it rub there when logically when turning right the top of wheel should be moving away from the inside arch if anything?

Wheel and Tyre size are correct.

Last edited:
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
No definately not bearing, only had new rear discs fitted 6 months ago (which come with incased bearing.) Can actualy see where the tyre has been rubbing the side of inside arch.

Chelsea tractor
topdownkz5.gif

Vw caddy tdi
Its the rear brake shoes and the L shape bar that lock the pads in squeeking. Grime builds up in the grove. Copper slip pad contact face and edge but mainly clean L bar grove to stop squeeking on round abouts, thats what cured mine. If not could be sumit to do with rear passenger wheel touching s**t shield on hard cornering all ph1's rub possibly due to worn trailing arm bushes. They all pretty close not much room on inside of rear wheels. Try drilling tiny hole in plastic shield and lightly cable tieing it to the rear exhaust mount pulling away from wheel slightly.

Last edited:
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Its the rear brake shoes and the L shape bar that lock the pads in squeeking. Grime builds up in the grove. Copper slip pad contact face and edge but mainly clean L bar grove to stop squeeking on round abouts, thats what cured mine. If not could be sumit to do with rear passenger wheel touching s**t shield on hard cornering all ph1's rub possibly due to worn trailing arm bushes. They all pretty close not much room on inside of rear wheels. Try drilling tiny hole in plastic shield and lightly cable tieing it to the rear exhaust mount pulling away from wheel slightly.

Thanks Alex. I will try the cable tie tomorrow.