ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wheel Bearing Issues

Hi All,
This is another thread about changing rear wheel bearings...apologise!!

I am changing the rear wheel bearing on my 03 Clio 172, I removed the old disc with a set of pullers, tried to fit the new disc and it was that tighter fit I couldn't even push it onto the stub axle.

Any ideas? Aren't these meant to just push on nice and easy?

Any help would be great!!
Cheers

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There should be 'some' resistance as the bearing will sit tight onto the stub axle, normally you have to get the bearing pretty much square on the axle for it to go on. Obviously it shouldn't need to forced on but some friction is to be expected until the bearing is at least partially onto the axle

dan's cast offs.
Check the start of the stub axle to make sure it's OK. Seen them get squished when the spacer has been left of.

Cheers,
The discs that came off didn't have any spacers behind so I've been to Renault and got some.
I've dropped a set of verniers on the stub axle which is 25mm OD and the inner race of the disc is 24.5mm ID so I think that will probably be the issue. I've even tried to heat the disc assembly up with no joy.
Next plan is to take the Pagid discs back to Euros and just go and buy some Renault ones!!!
Thanks for the help!!

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
George at RTR is your man for discs, give him a message on here and ask for a price on some. He sells genuine renault rear discs and brembo's (although the brembo's don't come with ABS rings, so I would personally go renault ones). He does the best prices I have been able to find for club members.