ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear tail light not working. 182

Clio 182 2004
Hi all
This is driving me nuts. One of my rear tail lights isn't working. I changed the bulb (which also does the brakes, which work fine) but no change. I then put the original suspect bulb into the other side and it worked fine, so I know it's not the bulb. While getting the car serviced at a renault dealer (never again) I paid an extra £45 to have them do an electrical diagnostic, only to be told that they couldn't find the fault and it would require further (expensive) investigation.
All connections are clean and look good. All fuses are good too. Any suggestions on how to investigate this further would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

David

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
unplug the socket from the rear of light, put one side of multimeter to chassis and then check if you have power on the pin of socket for the rear light , if you have 12vdc then its the light cluster internal connections are corroded
( have someone with you to switch lights on and off while you check so you can work out whats what as far as reverse/indicators/brake/tail and so on)

Clio 182 2004
Thanks for your help Gary. I'm abroad at the moment but when I get back I'll give that a go. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers. David

Monaco 172
I've got a spare bulb holder if you want try that. You can have it for the price of the postage.

Let me know if you want it when you're back in the country.