ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear strut brace opinions

Clio 182
My 182 is now a total track car and the next improvement on the list is braces. After reading around I'm going to go with a Pure Motorsport front strut brace with their solid top mounts as that seems to be by far the best for my needs however I haven't found such a solid answer with regards to the rear. What are people's opinions on rear strut braces for track use? Do they make a noticeable difference? If so which manufacturers make the best?

Thanks in advance

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Almost everyone will tell you a rear brace does nothing,
I felt a difference when I put one on mine and other members that have full on track cars
have said they felt a difference, but most of us that have them can't be arsed to argue with people that say they do nothing.

Best bet is to get a second hand OMP one off here for £30/40 quid,
fit it, see if you feel any difference, if not, sell it on and get your money back.

Clio 182
I felt a difference when I put one on mine and other members that have full on track cars
have said they felt a difference, but most of us that have them can't be arsed to argue with people that say they do nothing.

fit it, see if you feel any difference, if not, sell it on and get your money back.

Nobody can argue with that, sounds like a good idea to me.

Clio 182
dont do it they do nothing its more of a psychological gain where you think its doing something svae the £40 and get one of these:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3960&appid=2
and you WILL see a big improvement

Sorry, I'm already decided on the rear strut brace, Dave has a great point.... And even if it's a load of rubbish and I cant sell it on its £40, in track day terms that isn't going to brake the bank so it's worth a try.

However I haven't seen that anti roll kit before so the answer is simple..... I'll buy both :D

clio 172 cup
no buy all means as dave has said its £40 so its worth a try and i mean the fact they sell them means theres a demand so youll be able to move it on.

182cup & 172 racecar

Dave, it's all in your head mate. They do feck all. Good for drying socks, that's about it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As Tony said, they do nothing. Hasn't stopped me buying one as it was £20 and when the roll cage goes in I need a divider / sock dryer in my boot so my luggage / shopping doesn't scratch the back of my seats. That's my logic anyway :)

Clio 172
dont do it they do nothing its more of a psychological gain where you think its doing something svae the £40 and get one of these:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3960&appid=2
and you WILL see a big improvement

Totally agree putting the whiteLine on my track Clio best money I've spent on the car so far could not believe the difference it made, here's where I got mine from
http://www.ears.co.uk/Motorsport-Eq...ay-Bar-18mm-Heavy-Duty-Clio/product_info.html
With the £20 you save you can "try" a rear brace.

Clio 182
As Tony said, they do nothing. Hasn't stopped me buying one as it was £20 and when the roll cage goes in I need a divider / sock dryer in my boot so my luggage / shopping doesn't scratch the back of my seats. That's my logic anyway :)

Ha ha, another reason for me to get one.

Totally agree putting the whiteLine on my track Clio best money I've spent on the car so far could not believe the difference it made, here's where I got mine from
http://www.ears.co.uk/Motorsport-Eq...ay-Bar-18mm-Heavy-Duty-Clio/product_info.html
With the £20 you save you can "try" a rear brace.

Good spot!

Mine made loads of difference when i had it .... you couldn't get feck all in the boot!!

But was good for tieing the shopping bags round to stop it rolling around ans smashing my eggs

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
i bought one second hand just for looks and to stop her using my car for shopping.

IMG_2289.gif

clio 182 sport
i have just fitted my omp one today, so will be able to tell you in like a month, doubt it will make any significant difference but for £25 off here second hand cannot argue with that :)

E30 325i & 172 Cup
Clio's don,t have rear struts, they have a rear damper and separate spring located between the floor and sub frame/axle. Because of that, there's only really up and down force on the damper tops anyway, most of the cornering force is going through the rear axle. If there was a lot of force on the dampers when cornering, it would be taken up by the rear dampers and rubber bushes, which are a lot easier to flex than the rear body.