ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Squirms Under Braking

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
In fact it's all over the place under medium to hard braking, I know to expect it so I compensate for it but tbh it shouldn't be doing that, tyres are new, pressures are right, brakes are good, that leaves rear shocks?

I was just going to fit a Whiteline ARB to fix it but if it is shocks that probably won't help.

Opinions?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Any electrical faults?

Is it squirming as in going light when lifting up under heavy braking or like increased braking effort on the rear?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it goes very light, it's fishtailing, the back end feels like it's trying to overtake the front, if I didn't correct it with steering input i'm pretty sure it would spin.

No electrical faults other than an airbag light.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Thought so, there's no leaks, they don't bounce and they're not crashy, but after 9 years I guess they're just a bit tired, probably best change the fronts too while i'm at it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember them being that expensive tbh. I want to say about £80 each, but I dont imagine they were OEM

RB Clio 182
Thought so, there's no leaks, they don't bounce and they're not crashy, but after 9 years I guess they're just a bit tired, probably best change the fronts too while i'm at it.

I would hazard a guess at the rear shocks mate, one of mine was leaking and it felt like i was steering left to right really quickly under medium to hard breaking, all changed and it stops arrow straight now.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Also had this problem. Some OEM Cup shocks from Renault parts direct did the trick. Did the fronts whilst I was at it too. Cost around £160 for the lot, can't remember exact amount.