ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Speakers

2007 Clio 1.2 TCe

Hi Peps,

I have got a 2004 clio and i have just purchased some speakers to go in the back. The speaker slot either side of the rear seats doors.(3dr)

now ive got the standard cd player from renault and on taking it out the plug (middle-largest-white one) that contains the leads for the speakers are all full... now ive been told that the wiring exists already but not the speakers. Is this true? But i cant find any wiring at the rear of the car

any ideas on how im fitting the new speakers?

cheers simie.

[Edited by SiMiE on 5/27/2005 6:20:24 PM]

One with a few more

You dont need to do anything with wiring to the new h/u (although the original renault h/u will serverely inhibit the performance of any outputs) just unscrew old speakers cut the old wire, put terminals on the end that fit the new ones, then connect the wires to the trerminals. simple.

Why you bought REAR speakers though?

2007 Clio 1.2 TCe

na there wasnt any existing speakers

the loom or what ever you call it at the back of the stereo is all full... suggesting that there is wiring... i was also told that the wiring already existed (by Halfords)

[Edited by SiMiE on 5/28/2005 10:01:31 PM]

Da

Less

have you taken the speaker grills off in the rear of the car? If theres no speakers i suspect that therell be no wires to be honest mate

its weird there was no speaker!!!
---------------

not that weird, not all clios came with 6 speaker stereos as standard!

mite be a case of running a new set of wires from headunit to rear doorcards, im 100% sure people on here have done the same in the past...

pull off the rear speaker covers so you can see the hole where the 13cm speaker would fit stick your arm down the hole and feel about for any wires

Da

Less

mine doesnt have the rear door speakers, well i tell a lie...it didnt till today! Just added my 6x9s, a set of infinity rear door jobbies and 2 x Amps to power them! :D Now got a total of 8 speakers including the dash tweeters.

2007 Clio 1.2 TCe

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 28 May 2005have you taken the speaker grills off in the rear of the car? If theres no speakers i suspect that therell be no wires to be honest mate

yeh... felt around behind the grills but no wires, but plenty of others :cry:, so where the hell does the wires go at the back of the cd player... lol :mad: