ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Seat Removal help

MG ZR 160 VVC
Hi all, need to take out my rear seats/seatbelts for a few days and could do with bit of help.

I've got one of the bolts off and clips out but i've been stopped by this black thing. How do i remove it please?? Looks like a screw thing but nothing fits over the black bit, is it a clip that has to come off or what?

Thanks in advance people, sorry if repost did a search to no avail :)

ABCD0002-3.gif

Titanium 182
Remove the black bar runnng along the back of the boot and then its bolted to the body by a torx bolt.

MG ZR 160 VVC
I think thats the problem, the black plastic bit wont come off. Its really strong...does it pop off somehow?

*edit* oh i haven't removed that bar, will try that

I think there should be three torx bolts holding the isofix bar in place. Undo them and you're laughing :)

Yeh, should just pop off

200 FF Storm Grey
Should only take you 5 minutes to figure out mate, it's two bolts on the long black bar, lift it out, then undo the torx bolt and lift the seat up andbackwards

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
isofix bar is a mare, my bolt snapped off when removing it as it had been put in at a retarded angle :(

Clio 2002 1.2 16V
I'm having trouble removing the isofix bar. one of the bolts will turn 3 times then jams. the other turned 6 times then started to move off to an angle then jams. I used serious amounts of WD40 and was at it for near an hour with a socket wrench. Anyone have any idea why its so hard?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mine's doing this too. Was gonna get a gun on it bit don't want to snap the bolts! Any ideas?

Fiesta ST3
To do this I had to attach a longer bar to my wrench = super leverage. Also, use a 17 socket rather than the torx bit, much easier. Hope you get it sorted mate

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ta, gonna try this. Hopefully it won't snap my quality halford socket set!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yea just use a longer bar, so you have more leverage. Or slip a pole on the end of your ratchet. and WD40 or similar.

I'm so hot right now.

I've sacked it off, my CBA was too strong and I couldn't find a bar at my mums. Gonna get the airgun on it tomorrow and show it who's boss!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
They protrude out underneath the car so are exposed to a whole world of s**t. Have you tried getting under there and using a wire brush and shed loads on WD40 on the exposed bit of the bolt? Try soaking it for a few hours then giving it another crack, it may help.