ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear registration bulb light(HELP ASAP)..

renault clio cup 172
the owner before me had done a cowboy job of the rear light registration plate unit, so I got a new one today (scrappies), a took the wires back and put the black to black and blue to blue, but it is not working, I did notice when I took the old one off it sparked so a checked the fuses (passenger side dash board) and they all seemed to be fine, what is causing this not to work? as it was working before but as a said it was a cow boy job all taped up and looked a mess, help would be much appreciated.

renault clio cup 172
Not to insult your intelligence, but you did check with the headlights on?

lol yes mate a switched the headlights on, is the only fuse for it in the passenger side dash?, really starting to annoy me this bloody car lol.

Just I made that mistake myself before! As far as I know it is, could be that the one from scrappies is knackered too, there known to fail.

renault clio cup 172
Just I made that mistake myself before! As far as I know it is, could be that the one from scrappies is knackered too, there known to fail.

it must be mate a just got my mate to use a thing hes got to check theres power going to the back wires and there is so has to be the one a just got, blood thing lol, cheers mate.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Just buy a new one from renault mate. The wires corrode quite badly aswell so you might have to strip them back to clean copper

renault clio cup 172
Just buy a new one from renault mate. The wires corrode quite badly aswell so you might have to strip them back to clean copper

aye a did mate, a got one the day so a shall fit it tomorrow, a stripped the wires back also so should be ok hopefully as wires touched by mistake and caused a spark and blue the bloody fuse aswell lol, cheers mate.

renault clio cup 172
got it sorted:) thanks for all the advice, a just changed the wire from the car and got a new unit and stuck a white led bulb in it and it works fine:).