ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear pad retaining springs - help

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
These little b******s are driving me insane! They push the top of the pads away from the disc which doesn't seem right:

DSC00652.gif

What am I doing wrong?

SQ5
They should sit right in the recess between the lug on the pad and the caliper!

Just push it down a little :)

Bus w**ker
Take the wheel off and get a picture. Sounds like you've not fitted them right TBH.

They are a pain in the arse, but with enough f**king about they will go back on and fit tightly to the pad.

sorry, i was just wondering how they could be fitted like that with the bar in place. they must be wedged in - just need to take them out and fit them flush at the top (the bar is knocked in afterwards). BTW, you've got the inner pad on the outside in that picture as well - the lug on the backing pad locates into the groove in the piston:)

ps. there's a very real danger of losing the pads whilst it's like that. personally wouldn't use it until it's sorted

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
Both pads are identical, they are cheapy gsf jobs , I'm wondering if that's the problem? It seems to me either the pad or the spring is wrong. I think if the back edge of the pad were a different shape the springs would fit properly.

They do fit flush until you put the springs in when they are pushed backwards. The new retaining springs are fitted as they came off , I'm also using my housemates 172 for reference.

Giving up now as I'm off for a week doing the scally rally!