ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Nearside Door Problems

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Hi guys

Problem with my near-side (passenger side) rear door (5dr car) being that it won't open from the outside but works fine from the interior handle.

Have opened it up and had a fiddle and seems as though the metal rod that is attached to the exterior handle does not stay in the hole of the yellow bit of plastic in the mechanism which then opens the door.
I have held the rod in the hole and it works fine; I then let go and the rod doesn't stay in the whole but pops straight back out and won't open.

1) Is there any way to fix this? Not afraid of cracking the door open and having a good old fiddle just getting tired of trying with no results!
2) Can I buy the mechanism and fit it all in the car, maybe from a breakers or something?
3) How much would you pay for said mechanism? I'm talking the bit in the door because everything else works fine! The handles are in perfect condition etc just seems like the plastic hole (yellow plastic) in the mechanism has snapped?

Cheers!
Sean

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Just got it sorted (after it failed its MOT due to it). I basically took all of the mechanism out, then cable tied the rod from the external handle onto the yellow slot in which it goes into. Lets hope it holds!